• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Morgan going for GM job

Jmac

Just now, MHS831 said:

I get it--and agree.  But if they were presenting solid advice--like maybe, for example, they suggested Stroud over Young....It is hypothetical, but I am for the house cleaning; I just have seen too many toxic organizations get overhauled when the man at the top was the problem--you are probably right, but I try to consider things I may not understand from the outside looking in. 

It was reported that literally everyone in the building liked young over stroud.  Everyone.  That tells me 1 of 2 things.  A)Teppers preferred Young and everyone fell in line or B)our scouting dept is from top to bottom filled with absolute morons and every person in there is wasting oxygen and needs to be replace asap

• Pie 4

Depends what his opinions were on all these players evaluation, trades etc. If he challenged or doubted some of the moves and made it aware to the team, then sure, he deserves a shot.  If he blindly agreed with Fitterer and never challenged the poo-show that ensued...bye bye. Almost every move in FA or the draft was backfired spectacularly. 

But as anyone on a work project knows, if you have people that object to what you are planning, and they do it anyway...do you fire the guy who was right, but was overruled by the boss, just because the project was a failure?

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I've worked with lots of people that it's hard not to like them...until you have to evaluate their actual abilities and performance in their job. Then you want the ass hats gone because they are always screwing up or not pulling their weight. 

Been there 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

It was reported that literally everyone in the building liked young over stroud.  Everyone.  That tells me 1 of 2 things.  A)Teppers preferred Young and everyone fell in line or B)our scouting dept is from top to bottom filled with absolute morons and every person in there is wasting oxygen and needs to be replace asap

Either way, if this is accurate, not a good look.

11 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Actually it was report *almost* everyone in the building. I’d really like to know who wasn’t on board. I’m guessing McCown. Maybe Reich.

• Beer 1

Considering Tepper knows who advocated for what…This tells me he had different ideas and can’t be held accountable for past decisions. Or at least Dan doesn’t think he can.

I mean, there is no way he would interview if he was a driving force for Ickey, Bryce, etc. 

He must think he can go in and say, you guys screwed up, this is what I wanted, this is what we’ll do.

13 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I've worked with lots of people that it's hard not to like them...until you have to evaluate their actual abilities and performance in their job. Then you want the ass hats gone because they are always screwing up or not pulling their weight. 

Yea and a lot of times these are the promotions. People will literally follow a loud, confident extrovert off a damn cliff if they proclaim it’s the way to go. It’s taken me years to find employment where that is not the case.

• Pie 3

7 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Actually it was report *almost* everyone in the building. I’d really like to know who wasn’t on board. I’m guessing McCown. Maybe Reich.

The fact was, we felt so strongly about the quarterback this year, right?" Fitterer said. "Like, even in our February meetings, where every scout had the same opinion on this guy. It never really changed. It just kind of held strong that way, right? That reinforced that we're doing the right thing."

Fitterer and the scouts thought a certain way in January. A new staff of coaches rolls in in February, and they initially think the same thing. The more they learned, the more sure they became.

21 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

It also tells you C) everyone needs to be fired. 

• Pie 1

52 minutes ago, rayzor said:

i think the bar isn't particularly high for being better than morgan, but if they can't get anyone else...then dan is the man.

I didn't pick Bryce Young. By default I'm a better option than Dan. Call me, Dave.