• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will McClay should be the next GM

Mol3m4n

1 hour ago, Prowler2k18 said:

This guy is very, very talented.  I wonder if he did stray from Dallas, would he want Quinn to come along as new HC.

Though I would guess his reason for leaving Big D would be to get away from an owner like Jerry and blaze his own path. Here, he would take several steps back with an equally as meddling owner, but with less football knowledge or history.

Edited by Soul Rebel
  • Beer 1

Pair him up with Dan Quinn. The two are used to working with each other already.

The more I ponder, the more I think our old mentality/identity depended on "punch you in the face" football and defensive coaches are better at fostering that kind of environment. Plus the guy runs a fierce D.

Then pair him up with Darrell Bevell at OC who could work with Bryce next year and see what he would be like with a good coach.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Pair him up with Dan Quinn. The two are used to working with each other already.

The more I ponder, the more I think our old mentality/identity depended on "punch you in the face" football and defensive coaches are better at fostering that kind of environment. Plus the guy runs a fierce D.

Then pair him up with Darrell Bevell at OC who could work with Bryce next year and see what he would be like with a good coach.

Quinn might be one of those guys just better suited to be a coordinator.

If we can't get Vrabel and are going defensive head coach I'd rather give Mike Macdonald with the Ravens a shot.

• Pie 3

I despise the Cowboys but he seems talented. That roster management has some issues but he looks like he had an eye for tallent. Not thrilled about the potential to having heavy connections to the Boys longterm.

It's like with Miami. Lots of tallent but their teams are soft when not beating up on mediocre or bad teams. It's coaching and roster management IMO. 

• Pie 3

After reading through all of their bios, Will McClay and Alex Halaby are my 1A/1B choices right now for GM.  They may seem completely opposite ends of the spectrum with McClay being the old school talent evaluator and Halaby being the new school, Harvard educated, data driven analysis, but each GM brings a proven system that has shown to work in the NFL. 

More importantly, it appears neither franchise wants to lose their contributions, which speaks volumes. 

• Pie 2