• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breer on the Search Process

Mr. Scot

18 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I think that Morgan will remain as half of the equation, if he is not offered another job.  I think the cap is very important and these days you need an expert. 

Tepper is not as smart as he thinks he is, but he is smarter than many think he is.  Maybe he will figure it out.

If the ultimate end is that they have one person in charge of all that roster and personnel decisions while another handles everything else, I'm okay with that.

What I don't want to see is an analytics guy being put in charge of personnel decisions.

• Pie 5

This will end well lol

We are so fugged. This is the first time ever in my time of watching Panther football (been a fan since I was 8 years old, I'm 30 now) that I might go try and find another team to follow until Tepper removes himself from this franchise.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, thunderraiden said:

We're really going chicken little because they took 5 minutes to make sure they weren't rejected?

Depends on how you look at it.

What it makes most clear to me is that it's understood how people see the team, and David Tepper in particular.

That's not a bad start, but you still have to do something about it.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

As many of us feared, Tepper taking responsibility was for the "wrong hires" not for being involved as he was.

Ah well.

Yep. The only mistake he's ever made is trusting the wrong people. He'll get it right this time. Again and again and again. I just hope he gets sick of making an ass out of himself eventually and sells the team or fugs completely off on the football side of the house. My level of interest is in the shitter. At least in years past we were looking at the top of the draft the following year by Halloween. He robbed us of even that this year with his trade for his super processor. This is just complete ass. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Depends on how you look at it.

What it makes most clear to me is that it's understood how people see the team, and David Tepper in particular.

That's not a bad start, but you still have to do something about it.

The only remedy in this situation is to remove David Tepper from the equation.  As long as he's involved no professional worth their salt will touch this job.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

This is honestly such a nothingburger to me. Why waste our time on people who don't want the job?

I don't really have a problem with it.

It is fair to point out that it's unusual, and yes it's pretty obvious that it comes from a position of insecurity.

But then, it's not like we didn't already know how people were looking at us.

• Pie 2