• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If I was worth $21 Billion and owned the Carolina Panthers, I would…

1 hour ago, csx said:

Read the Huddle. The majority of the content is answering this question.

And had for the past 3 drafts and scores of failed trades/not trades.

Now, on to the question. If I had $21B, I’d invent a Time Machine (assume it has a 3 year max) to go back to the 2021 offseason and not hire Fitterer but still can Marty and install myself as GM and use the Huddle and scouts for drafting. My 2021 draft priority is OL, OL and more OL. I’d let Rhule stay because he’s steering the ship in 2022 to get us a much better draft slot than 9th. The rest is gravy and hopefully, I’m sitting on a bounty of picks for 2024/2025 while also having so much more young talent.

• Pie 1

Hire the best General Manager money could buy, let him select the best Coaches and Scouting Firms  money could buy, then step back and let him prove he was worth the money.

If this approach didn't work the first time I tried it, I would  fire the General Manager and repeat the same plan until it did.

• Beer 2

I would be GM/HC and also operate as the punter.   Yes, I listen to the good people.  Cam Newton is now Team President.  Free beer in the first quarter.  All about creating that homefield advantage. First game I insert myself in the Panthers Hall of Honor.   I would have a staff that patrols the huddle day and night.  They would inform of all your bad takes of me and your critiques of the fake punts I call.  I would then pay Jimmy Clausen to do cameo videos to respond to each idiotic post trying to slander me without him having any clue what he was actually doing.  You silly mofos would love it.  I promise you the next season would be more entertaining than what you have been sitting through. 

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

I would be GM/HC and also operate as the punter.   Yes, I listen to the good people.  Cam Newton is now Team President.  Free beer in the first quarter.  All about creating that homefield advantage. First game I insert myself in the Panthers Hall of Honor.   I would have a staff that patrols the huddle day and night.  They would inform of all your bad takes of me and your critiques of the fake punts I call.  I would then pay Jimmy Clausen to do cameo videos to respond to each idiotic post trying to slander me without him having any clue what he was actually doing.  You silly mofos would love it.  I promise you the next season would be more entertaining than what you have been sitting through. 

It takes a lot to make me literally laugh out loud (LLOL) but you, sir, have succeeded. 

Y'all know this aint about money.  When money is no longer a concern, it becomes a very minor issue behind decisions. He wants to prove to the world how great he is.  Money did not make him famous, but this ownership has;  however, he is infamous, something he never expected.  He is getting older and seeks things money can't buy--like immortality (a lasting reputation as a winner).  If he turned over the decisions to others, he would appear to be a failure in his mind.  He wants his fingerprints on things--When things go wrong, he fires people because he wants to project that THEY are the reason it went South and even though he is to blame.   It gives him the feeling of the "White Knight" riding into town to save the village.  Right now, Tepper is embarrassed and blaming others--his circle that fed his narcissism and allowed him to think he is smart just betrayed him in his mind.  Even if he knows that he is the problem, he is going to focus on appearances, even if fabricated to protect his ego.  Being the richest owner, I am sure that he thinks he is the smartest and wants to prove it.  I doubt he has the awareness of reality and sense he needs to step aside, unfortunately.  The Narcissist with power is a very dangerous creature. 

• Flames 2