• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Wildcard Weekend - Games Thread

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I can tell you live a sad life. Get some sleep buddy things will get better.

#CopeHardLife

My life is great. Making money watching football and conversing on a message board with some single digit Football IQers. What more could you ask for?

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin

1 minute ago, Navy_football said:

Right. They hit on the playcaller/play designer. That changes absolutely everything. Everything. I really don't want to get into a Stroud vs Young debate. It's futile. The situations are too different to make definitive statements either way. The Panthers season is over. Time to move on to next season for them and the playoffs for the NFL.

But... if you can't see the difference in playcalling, protection, receiver separation and YAC, then you're not trying. Even casual fans can see that. 

Are you not seeing a good chunk of these downfield throws coming from muddy pockets? Hell, a good chunk of them while he's being hit.

BRYCE CAN'T MAKE THOSE THROWS.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Are you not seeing a good chunk of these downfield throws coming from muddy pockets? Hell, a good chunk of them while he's being hit.

BRYCE CAN'T MAKE THOSE THROWS.

Well we didn’t have many muddy pockets. They were largely fluid maybe even gas.

Edited by kungfoodude

1 minute ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

This. Bryce Guys need to understand one thing: Bryce was a great college QB. He knows how to play the game of football. But just like how Mugzy Bogues, Nate Robinson, and Spud Webb are the only tiny NBA guys I can think of (because no matter how good you are at the game, the NBA is about size) ... Young is TOO SMALL for the NFL.

It's just an unfortunate fact. He's playing against elite giants who want to smash him, speedster CBs who will be step and step with the WR, etc. Brees and Kyler Murray (and lol at him) are one in a millions! Young just can't gain the one thing he needs to be a success in the NFL to go along with his ability to play the game. Size.

This is where you're mistaken. There are few if any "Bryce Guys" here. I think there are just guys that acknowledge this team wasn't set up for any QB to succeed. Bryce isn't better than CJ, but that doesn't mean he can't be a good QB for the Panthers.

• Pie 1

Just now, Call Me James said:

So much cope. Just take a deep breath and say it.

We fuged up and missed out on a generational talent trying to outsmart the eye test.

We should be well past the cope stage.

Reality has set in for those that see things with an open perspective. Only alcohol can dull this pain.

To You Guys Cheers GIF by Ian Wright

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Navy_football said:

Right. They hit on the playcaller/play designer. That changes absolutely everything. Everything. I really don't want to get into a Stroud vs Young debate. It's futile. The situations are too different to make definitive statements either way. The Panthers season is over. Time to move on to next season for them and the playoffs for the NFL.

But... if you can't see the difference in playcalling, protection, receiver separation and YAC, then you're not trying. Even casual fans can see that. 

Our QB allows DBs to cheat on anything within 20 yards of the line of scrimmage (and that doesn't include 15 yard out routes - they're off the table). 

When you don't have to respect getting beat deep of course separation is going to be hard to come by - these are elite athletes / players playing with a cheat sheet. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

41 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Which causes him to do what?

No matter how you spin it, we did in fact pass on Stroud.

I don’t consider it a pass. It doesn’t mean it doesn’t fit every criteria for a pass. I just think Tepper wasn’t competent enough not to buy into the hype of a QB who couldn’t palm a football. Due to the media campaign. Thus I don’t think it was a pass. More of we didn’t even consider.