• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Houston talent

23 minutes ago, Varking said:

So tired of all the coping. Move on. We got who we got. Nobody is still picking Bryce over CJ in a redraft. 

Watch Bryce objectively without comparing him to CJ. He looked like one of the worst QBs in the NFL this year. He’s got a lot to work on this offseason and I hope he’s a lot better next season. 

I'm not even hoping for him to be better next season because his best will never be good enough to win it all. 

His ceiling is an Alex Smith type QB. 

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

Even if Bryce is a total bust that doesn’t change the fact that this offense  is a major  disgrace top to bottom.... Fitt built this garbage by giving away an MVP RB and top 5 WR...

Your post has me wondering if moore had not been traded but the panthers somehow still ended up with young what kinda year would he had had compared to his season with the bears.  

11 hours ago, amcoolio said:

Tom Brady misses wide open receivers. Stroud missed a bunch against the Panthers. Every QB ever in history has. 

There’s a world where Bryce improves his footwork and looks really good in 1-2 seasons. We can’t change the past. We aren’t having Stroud here. No one disagrees that we should have taken Stroud. But Bryce wasn’t Zach Wilson or Darnold bad. his problems are very fivable. it’s up to him to fix 

Eh. If we’re comparing Darnold’s stats as a rookie to Young’s… Not really sure how Young comes our favorably.

You could say Young comes out favorably to Wilson… but they’re pretty much a wash tbh.

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, top dawg said:

I mean, people can say what they want. What I don't understand is why some of you are acting like they aren't a more talented team over all, particularly on offense. Both can be true: Stroud is better, but their other players are better as well.

I scoff at the person that doesn't acknowledge that Nico Collins is an excellent receiver. Dude runs great routes and gets open. And Tank Dell is on IR. Their TEs are legitimately competitive. They're just the better team. Stroud and his delivery of the rock, as well as excellent coaching, just makes it work.

Nobody would have mistaken Nico Collins for a true difference maker before Stroud... Before the season started plenty of people thought our weapons were better than theres...

• Pie 4

As of today, Houston has a much more talented roster with receivers who can actually get open and other positions where the players actually give what appears to be full effort but Houston also has a better QB. Unfortunately when I see them both, Stroud just has a better handle on the game and simply plays better and is better. Not to say that couldn't change in the future but right now there's no question, Stroud is simply much better of a QB and was the better pick of the two as much as I hate to say it.

31 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Nobody would have mistaken Nico Collins for a true difference maker before Stroud... Before the season started plenty of people thought our weapons were better than theres...

Right. Nico Collins and Tank Dell are the go to names but what about Noah Brown? What was he doing before he met CJ Stroud? He had back to back 150+ yard receiving games with CJ throwing him the ball.

Clearly they have talent. But there are people being dishonest arguing his receivers are basically making him instead of the other way around. It's a rerun of the argument against drafting him when he played at Ohio State. "His receivers were great he's playing against inferior competition he won't have that advantage in the NFL yada yada". You'd think eventually people would learn. But some are just digging in. It’s just ego. They don't want to be wrong.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

46 minutes ago, Varking said:

So tired of all the coping. Move on. We got who we got. Nobody is still picking Bryce over CJ in a redraft. 

Watch Bryce objectively without comparing him to CJ. He looked like one of the worst QBs in the NFL this year. He’s got a lot to work on this offseason and I hope he’s a lot better next season. 

Just like @BrisbanePanther said: we're all coping. And we are. I don't care how you want to slice it. If you're a Panthers fan, you're coping. Going around telling others they're coping, is a form of coping. "Misery loves company" is like a coper's anthem. Like it makes some people feel better or something. Just let people handle prolific organizational failure however they like. No one here has ever been 100 percent right or wrong. No Huddler has all the answers. 

My thing is: things are going to play out regardless. And however they play out reveals the strengths and weaknesses of the team and franchise. I don't believe that there's only one way to tackle problems. I don't believe that just because someone has a difference of opinion about solutions makes them necessarily wrong or me necessarily right. More than one rationale can be correct depending upon plans to tackle problems. Patience can be a virtue and impatience a vice, depending upon the situation, and visa versa. All we can do is let things play out, plan the best that we can for possible outcomes, and have enough flexibility of thought to deal with those possibilities in a dynamic and hopefully productive manner. 

Now, we've invested in Bryce. He's likely getting another year whether we like it or not. If we're Panthers fans, ALL of us are going to have to cope with it and see the outcome. We're a terrible team right now, with a bunch of holes, without any clear direction. We're all going to have to cope with this reality as Panthers fans. At this point, most would say thag it's obvious that not only is Stroud a better QB than Bryce (and others), but the Texans are a better team and currently a better organization than what we as Panthers fans support. As Panthers fans, we're all going to have to cope with that reality. We're all coping.

• Flames 1

32 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I guess that I just listen and read different things than other people---admittedly my wife says that I'm truly fanatical about the NFL. People have discussed Collins breaking out for the last couple of seasons. He was never an unknown quantity to NFL types. 

9 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Just like @BrisbanePanther said: we're all coping. And we are. I don't care how you want to slice it. If you're a Panthers fan, you're coping. Going around telling others they're coping, is a form of coping. "Misery loves company" is like a coper's anthem. Like it makes some people feel better or something. Just let people handle prolific organizational failure however they like. No one here has ever been 100 percent right or wrong. No Huddler has all the answers. 

My thing is: things are going to play out regardless. And however they play out reveals the strengths and weaknesses of the team and franchise. I don't believe that there's only one way to tackle problems. I don't believe that just because someone has a difference of opinion about solutions makes them necessarily wrong or me necessarily right. More than one rationale can be correct depending upon plans to tackle problems. Patience can be a virtue and impatience a vice, depending upon the situation, and visa versa. All we can do is let things play out, plan the best that we can for possible outcomes, and have enough flexibility of thought to deal with those possibilities in a dynamic and hopefully productive manner. 

Now, we've invested in Bryce. He's likely getting another year whether we like it or not. If we're Panthers fans, ALL of us are going to have to cope with it and see the outcome. We're a terrible team right now, with a bunch of holes, without any clear direction. We're all going to have to cope with this reality as Panthers fans. At this point, most would say thag it's obvious that not only is Stroud a better QB than Bryce (and others), but the Texans are a better team and currently a better organization than what we as Panthers fans support. As Panthers fans, we're all going to have to cope with that reality. We're all coping.

We’re in the worst position we’ve ever been as a franchise. Bereft of talent, no draft picks to fix if, obnoxious and incompetent owner, and a midget QB that has less arm strength than Cam’s corpse.

There’s no hope. This team will likely continue to suck for years to come. The coping will continue.

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, TN05 said:

We’re in the worst position we’ve ever been as a franchise. Bereft of talent, no draft picks to fix if, obnoxious and incompetent owner, and a midget QB that has less arm strength than Cam’s corpse.

There’s no hope. This team will likely continue to suck for years to come. The coping will continue.

Well, as many fans as there are, as many outlooks as there will be.

I realize that we all have to make our decosions. As for me, unless the franchise just doesn't exist, I guess that I'll be coping. In the meantime, I just can't come up with anything definitive until I at least see who the coach is and who the GM is, and who is acquired and who is jettisoned. 2024 is a new season. Admittedly, I would love to see some competition for Bryce (maybe a Spencer Rattler or Shedeur Sanders). But I'll still deal with it as it comes. If Bryce is as bad as people say, he'll only last until 2025 anyway. I'm here for it though.

Edited by top dawg
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Well, as many fans as there are, as many outlooks as there will be.

I realize that we all have to make our decosions. As for me, unless the franchise just doesn't exist, I guess that I'll be coping. In the meantime, I just can't come up with anything definitive until I at least see who the coach is and who the GM is, and who is acquired and who is jettisoned. 2024 is a new season. Admittedly, I would love to see some competition for Bryce (maybe a Spencer Rattler or Shedeur Sanders). But I'll still deal with it as it comes. If Bryce is as bad as people say, he'll only last until 2025 anyway. I'm here for it though.

Honestly, our best future is that Young is given a year by the new staff and leads us to a top pick in 2025. If anyone watched the Miami game, it felt like we were watching Young’s absolute ceiling with solid weapons. It was painful watching Waddle get crushed and almost crushed by two sidelines passes that took forever and a day to get to him.  KC’s and Houston’s WRs/TEs got open and Mahomes and Stroud hit them while they were still open. Tua’s balls let the defenders get all the way to the WRs. Young has basically the same arm. If I’m Miami, I’m having serious discussions because I’m not sure Tua can get us to the SB and Tua is far more seasoned and better right now than Young.

The only way we get out of this mess is if we get the right coaches/GM and they realize this is not a 1-2 year fix and they slow roll our build. Get the beat talent/high ceiling guys in 2024’s draft, trade anything that moves that isn’t a cheap building block for the future. Get as good a draft slot for 2025 as you can with Young leading the tank and get our QB in 2025/2026 as I don’t have a clue who is coming out in 2025. If the QB isn’t there keep adding the BPAs to the roster and roll over cap space.

Basically the same damn plan as we should have done in 2020 and 2022 that our idiots didn’t get and drafted and traded so poorly it’s almost comical.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Honestly, our best future is that Young is given a year by the new staff and leads us to a top pick in 2025. If anyone watched the Miami game, it felt like we were watching Young’s absolute ceiling with solid weapons. It was painful watching Waddle get crushed and almost crushed by two sidelines passes that took forever and a day to get to him.  KC’s and Houston’s WRs/TEs got open and Mahomes and Stroud hit them while they were still open. Tua’s balls let the defenders get all the way to the WRs. Young has basically the same arm. If I’m Miami, I’m having serious discussions because I’m not sure Tua can get us to the SB and Tua is far more seasoned and better right now than Young.

The only way we get out of this mess is if we get the right coaches/GM and they realize this is not a 1-2 year fix and they slow roll our build. Get the beat talent/high ceiling guys in 2024’s draft, trade anything that moves that isn’t a cheap building block for the future. Get as good a draft slot for 2025 as you can with Young leading the tank and get our QB in 2025/2026 as I don’t have a clue who is coming out in 2025. If the QB isn’t there keep adding the BPAs to the roster and roll over cap space.

Basically the same damn plan as we should have done in 2020 and 2022 that our idiots didn’t get and drafted and traded so poorly it’s almost comical.

It's just bad that we haven't drafted a consistently impactful player since Hurney. 

26 minutes ago, top dawg said:

It's just bad that we haven't drafted a consistently impactful player since Hurney. 

No kidding. I know it’s been gone over and over but when Hubbard is our best value pick in 3 drafts and he is a replaceable RB, that tells you how bad our 1st round picks have been for picking 1, 6, 8 and 9 before trades. If you draft well, that should be 4 pro bowl level players not the best pick being a guy who’s good when he plays one out of every 3 games.