• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Definitely Chose the Wrong QB

Calboyz13

39 minutes ago, GhostOfDocAnderson said:

Right now Bryce doesn't just have bad footwork. He has no footwork to speak of. He's the equivalent of a rookie NBA point guard who hasn't been trained to dribble or pass. If you want to see what bad but fixable footwork looks like, look no further than rookie Aaron Rodgers. It took him three years on the bench to fix his footwork and his throwing mechanics. Three years. How long will it take to teach Bryce proper footwork and throwing mechanics? Nobody knows, but it'd make an interesting case study and a cautionary tale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U23QDOcBXI

That is why guys like him don’t go up top. I don’t know what was in peoples’ brains. Alleged professionals. 

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

You might be right.  Unfortunately, we didn't have the players to make that neutered offense remotely effective.  It might have been nice to have a running back or a wr that could easily turn a 5 yard catch into 15-20 (CMC or DJ) or a rb that could power for 4-5 ypc on average (Foreman).  But our most talented players from 2022 played for other teams this year.  

Well, the thing that made that a losing strategy (which Reich damn well knew) was the non stretching of the field, the ridiculous number of guys people were putting in the box, etc.

It makes it about impossible to play that dink game. 

On 1/13/2024 at 7:17 PM, TheBigKat said:

It’s over

I hope we stink again next year for a 2025 first round pick

Oh I don’t think you will have to hope. I am not sure there is a coach in the NFL currently that can get this pile of turds to a winning record.

#FittMagic

4 hours ago, strato said:

Well, the thing that made that a losing strategy (which Reich damn well knew) was the non stretching of the field, the ridiculous number of guys people were putting in the box, etc.

It makes it about impossible to play that dink game. 

Its not a good offense, no doubt.  But I have seen it work for other teams better than it did for us, especially if you have a power back or some guys who are more of a threat with YAC.  

But for us, it was probably the worst Panthers offense I have ever seen.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Beer 1

I'm not understanding the folks just wanting a tank to get rid of BY after what you've seen in one season. I'd rather hope that he lights it up and we win a bunch of games than to be a bottom feeder another year. Some of y'all with the negativity...jeez

3 hours ago, Ghostofdelhomme said:

What the bleep is that drop back technique where he slooooooowly walks backward with his hips parallel to the line? Has no coach in all the years he's been playing ever tried to teach him how to do a proper drop? How is the line suppose to block for him when he doesn't hurry backward and set the point? How does he keep time on timing throws? I mean what the bleep am I watching? 

• Pie 3

8 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Everyone talks about the S2 score. I barely remember that being brought up before the draft. I must have not been paying attention.

Safe to say you weren't paying attention.

CJ Stroud himself had to come out and say he's a football player not a test taker. Well. The young man certainly proved himself there.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 5

4 hours ago, Ghostofdelhomme said:

i love these videos where someone puts together everything they think should have been a catch, ignoring that half of these are terribly placed balls. Just because a WR has a ball hit their hands doesn't mean it's an easy catch. 

And so what? Give him every "dropped" TD and every dropped yard. He was still terrible. 

And this is to say nothing about dropped interceptions, or his league leading 11 fumbles that he was mostly lucky with. I'd make a video of those, but I don't have enough time and youtube won't let you upload videos that long. 

• Pie 1

On 1/13/2024 at 4:24 PM, Panthercougar68 said:

I remember when the argument this was a bad year to chose a QB…that was a thing here. CJ has been great but damn revisionist here.

We chose correctly in 2011. 2023 we chose very poorly. It’s a coin flip in the NFL and poo happens. 

IMG_5401.jpeg

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, GhostOfDocAnderson said:

What the bleep is that drop back technique where he slooooooowly walks backward with his hips parallel to the line? Has no coach in all the years he's been playing ever tried to teach him how to do a proper drop? How is the line suppose to block for him when he doesn't hurry backward and set the point? How does he keep time on timing throws? I mean what the bleep am I watching? 

This forum was the first to notice his unorthodox mechanics. All the scouts and coaches missed his noodle arm and cerebal palsy dropbacks

Edited by Ghostofdelhomme