• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some coaches want out. But the Clown in the high castle (Tepper) says nope

ncfan

13 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D. said:

They are under contract. They can sit and see if the new coach/GM would like to keep them. Just like players, they can be viewed as assets. Especially the minority coaches, who if they are under contract for 2 years and take a promotion net us draft capital. 

If a team wants one of our coordinators, they can trade us for them. 

We're not talking about a successful organization that people are looking to poach from though.

Keeping a grumpy employee is not a good business model. That person has no incentive to work hard for you and will likely just cause more turmoil, one bad apple will ruin the others. Tepper should let them go, he could use every bit of positive news as an owner. Keeping these coaches against their will only feeds his dictatorship persona. 

• Pie 1

Almost all teams do this before they hire a new HC unless they know for 100% certainty they are doing a clean sweep.  Last year the Broncos denied the Falcons a chance to request Evero for DC.

Sucks for them but not a big deal.

• Pie 1

52 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Similar as with players, NFL contracts basically engender loyalty...but only on one side.

Tepper is not allowing guys to interview elsewhere quite possibly in hopes that the new head coach will keep them, but if he doesn't then we screwed those guys out of an opportunity to get a job elsewhere. Dick move...

I'd add that if I were making a guess, I'd say she's likely talking about Evero.

Thats true when you describe it that way. If the new coach does not want them, then they missed their opportunities. That is a dick move.

55 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Similar as with players, NFL contracts basically engender loyalty...but only on one side.

Tepper is not allowing guys to interview elsewhere quite possibly in hopes that the new head coach will keep them, but if he doesn't then we screwed those guys out of an opportunity to get a job elsewhere. Dick move...

I'd add that if I were making a guess, I'd say she's likely talking about Evero.

I think it's likely everyone BUT Evero and Tabor. They'll have jobs regardless and Evero is taking HC interviews as well. The folks working under them could very well get screwed though.

5 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

I think it's likely everyone BUT Evero and Tabor. They'll have jobs regardless and Evero is taking HC interviews as well. The folks working under them could very well get screwed though.

Evero wanti to move on wouldn't exactly surprise me..

Fair or not, it's kind of hard to imagine him having a very positive view of the Panthers organization after the experience of this past season

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Wait I missed this, what happened? 

Leaking that some coaches wanted out, nothing official yet. 2 blocked interviews (both lateral) combined with not having a clue about which way the hiring and team goes still. All not great looks from an organization with a poor reputation out there trying to interview people for whatever their master plan really is (sure looks like they are trying to push off the current staff onto another HC). It's the front office equivalent of keeping Cam too long and only releasing him after a Darnold trade. 

• Pie 1

Korean Drama Crying GIF by Netflix K-Content

This is just another example of our local media doing their part to pile on the suck that has become the image of our franchise.

Only one new HC has been named as of right now.  No one is truly missing out on an opportunity until more HC's are first hired.

Evero currently has value for the Panthers.  If he is our coordinator for all of next season we get a 3rd round pick under the NFL's diversity program.  If a team wants him that bad as a DC, RIGHT NOW, then offer us a 3rd round pick in exchange, simple.  Once we hire a GM/HC and start filling out the staff the new combination will then determine what, if any value they feel Evero has to the organization.  I think under the Scott Fitterer years the Panthers have grown accustomed to giving away assets for little or no return on investment.  That should change under the new administration, hopefully.

People forget that Evero is being paid WELL above the average coordinator.  He signed a contract, that is all part of a business agreement.  This isn't the NBA or NCAA where players and coaches can disregard contractual commitment.  The way his part of the team continued to perform displayed that he has value, specifically to a young offensive minded coach.  Evero produces great defense in back to back years, and the team shows growth as a result will increase his value significantly.  If Slowick is hired, I would certainly keep Evero as DC.  I would find it hard to imagine that Johnson wouldn't want him as DC as well.

Our media needs to pump the brakes and let the office do their thing.  If the last 5-6 years has proved anything, is any news out of Mint street usually writes itself.  We should try ragging on the Cowboys this week, taking a closer look at Green Bay/Detroit to identify positive traits/decisions made by those organizations rather than participate in the continual dumpfest that was the 2023-24 Carolina Panthers season. 

• Pie 7