• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Head Coach Preference - Round 2 (January 19, 2024)

Head Coach Preference (1/19/2024)  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your most preferred head coaching candidate out of those that have interviewed?

• Bengals OC, Brian Callahan
    • Buccaneers OC, Dave Canales
    • Panthers DC, Ejiro Evero
    • Lions OC, Ben Johnson
    • Eagles OC, Brian Johnson
    • Ravens DC, Mike Macdonald
    • Ravens OC, Todd Monken
    • Rams DC, Raheem Morris
    • Cowboys DC, Dan Quinn
    • Texans OC, Bobby Slowik
    • Dolphins OC, Frank Smith
    • Panthers STC, Chris Tabor
  2. 2. Who is your most preferred head coaching candidate out the "realistic" options?

• Bengals OC, Brian Callahan
    • Buccaneers OC, Dave Canales
    • Panthers DC, Ejiro Evero
    • Ravens DC, Mike Macdonald
    • Ravens OC, Todd Monken
    • Dolphins OC, Frank Smith
    • Other (put name in comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/22/2024 at 05:59 AM

To get a pulse of the Huddle Community and document how we are feeling, I'm putting together a 2nd weekly poll for the head coaching search.

The previous week's results can be found here:

Good news for fans of Ben Johnson or Bobby Slowik, I'm including them, and all candidates who took interviews, in the 1st part of the poll this week!

However, I'm going to exclude them in the 2nd part of the poll since our beloved team is consistently considered the least attractive option. Here are the candidates removed from the "realistic" options with reasoning:

• Ben Johnson, assuming Washington is the favorite for his services
  • Brian Johnson, likely a Rooney Rule candidate
  • Raheem Morris, retread and defensive-minded ... why not just retain Ejiro Evero
  • Dan Quinn, see Raheem Morris
  • Bobby Slowik, assuming he returns to Houston
  • Chris Tabor, likely a courtesy interview

Please note that I have also excluded Mike Vrabel, who is a fan favorite, as well as Harbaugh and Belichick from both polls. This is because there haven't been any reports showing interest from either party. However, if we make it to week 3 without a Head Coach and there are reports of interest, I will them to the mix.

Edited by Evil Hurney
  • Beer 1

Eh, I feel like Slowik is definitely a realistic candidate.  I'd argue Ben Johnson too, but the Commanders are certainly in the driver's seat.

However there are only so many HC jobs available.  Possible if not likely the Panthers are the only team who end up offering Slowik a HC job.

• Pie 2

I’m sold on Macdonald - voted him for both. 

Canales would be next. I just have a feeling with that guy as a HC.

I wouldn’t discount Slowik as unrealistic but can see him going back to Houston.

But! If we follow Panthers’ suit, we’ll end up with the guy that no ones really passionately for or against - Brian Callahan

• Pie 1

Since Harbaugh seems to be an impossibility, I would choose Ben Johnson. Same as last off-season.

Dave Canales seems interesting. I wouldn't be mad if he ended up being the choice. He somehow has made Geno Smith and Baker Mayfield look like actual NFL quarterbacks. Perhaps he can do it one more time.

• Pie 1

Evero for both - the one co-ordinator that has shined at this dysfunctional franchise. (Snow wasn't bad either, but he was like 80)

Go with the devil you know. He's equally as inexperienced as the hot OC candidates. 

5 hours ago, OldhamA said:

Evero for both - the one co-ordinator that has shined at this dysfunctional franchise. (Snow wasn't bad either, but he was like 80)

Go with the devil you know. He's equally as inexperienced as the hot OC candidates. 

Evero experiencing Denver 2 years ago and then the Panthers this past year, & cranking out two over-performing defenses is impressive. 

• Pie 3

As for my preference, it's dtill Ben Johnson...

Second choice was Smith, now it's probably Callahan...

Like Slowik a lot but worried it might be too soon...

Could be okay with Canales and probably most of the others with the exception of Brian Johnson or Chris Tabor...

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

Ben Jonhson or Slowik with Smith, Monken and Canales right behind.

Boy the Eagles people should be avoided like some here said, I had no idea they fell off that hard again.

I still think Smith needs more time in Miami and the specific challeneges facing them this offseason will be a great learning experience for him.

Not high on Callahan.

I hope the new HC fires Tabor along with the rest of the current staff, Tepper fuged that up.

• Pie 1

Slowik.

I could see him struggling early, similarly to Zac Taylor, but I think he’d eventually become a very successful head coach because he’s shown a willingness to adapt and even change his philosophy.

For example, this year the Texans were second in the NFL in called plays that resulted in run-run-pass. However, this past week against the Browns, Slowik did not go run-run-pass a single time. The result was the Texans absolutely shredding the Browns.

I personally feel like that shows growth and in a short time period as well.

That’s one thing I really like about Slowik, the growth he’s shown and in a very short amount of time.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

hard for me to pick, but i'm leaning towards a defensive coach from this crop. unless we were to find a tough as nails offensive minded guy like dan campbell, i think the best chance for us getting our identity back is with one of the defensive coaches. 

i'm not crazy about getting a retread, but there are a couple i think would do really well.

i would not hate mike vrabel at all, but i don't see that happening.

i think my favorites (at the moment) are evero, morris, and macdonald.