• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Last 3 Drafts We Had 22 Total Selections...

Hoenheim

4 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

Also of note,  Brady Christensen might be the only offensive lineman we hit on as well if ickey looks the same next year.

To me Ickey looked more lost then anything, I'm willing to say that was more bad coaching then talent. Teams ran all kinds of line stuns all season and it seem to work all year over there.

He wasn't the best at pass blocking coming in but having to block for a QB in shotgun all day probably don't fit his game tho

BC should have always been the backup LT/swing T don't know why Rhule never gave him a shot to see what he had in him at his natural position... 

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

Guess how many of those players turned into pro bowlers or blue chip starters??

Zero.

I count about 3 players who are decent.

Tremble, Hubbard, and Brady Christensen.  Horn has been hurt too much to put him in that group. Brady Christensen is teetering because he's had 2 seasons of getting injured.

2022 and 2023 drafts have 0 impact starters.

We been talking about head coaches so much I think the gm hire is a lot more important. Even looking further down our franchises draft history we have a tendency to miss on the majority of our picks no matter the year.

Screenshot_20240122_105615_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240122_105521_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240122_105501_Chrome.jpg

In all fairness, if Horn could stay healthy, he is bordering on Revis island level of shutdown. Unfortunately he just can't stay healthy, and is made worse by the fact that he didnt have injury concerns prior to being drafted.

I still think we should buy low on him now and give him a good contract while he is still cheapish and hope he can avoid the injury bug.

As for the rest of the picks... Yeah, they sucked. I still think Icky is good in the right scheme and think Mays is solid depth. But yeah, those are some ugly drafts...

A better list is one that features players we passed on in positions of need.  To me, taking a flyer on a player when there were few other options is one thing, but drafting busts and watching those picked after them at the same position prospers is agonizing.  I can't watch Houston now because it pisses me off.  I am one of the few who have not totally given up on Bryce, but I am not feeling very good about him right now.