• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Morgan named GM/President

Mr. Scot

When I listen to Tepper talk, I get the impression that it doesn't matter what anyone says within the organization unless Tepper agrees.  At the Press conference after the Reich firing,  He more or less said it. "Tepper took ownership of every decision that was made and says he could’ve overruled any vote from the coaches and scouts."  So Yes man or not, his vote or say only works if Tepper agrees with it.  You can say no all you want and Tepper will just overrule you.

I like Dan Morgan a lot. I think he has the capability and knowledge for good things. The concern is how much he was involved with what we've seen transpire the last 24 months or so. From top to bottom it was a disaster. Hiring from within that is going to be a tough sell. But I'm hoping it works out and he's the guy. That's all I can do.

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

At least Morgan worked his way up through the ranks of scouting.  We shall see if he really has an eye talent.  I'm telling y'all if he pulls the trigger on a QB at #33 (Penix or Nix) I'll be a huge fan.

If they draft a QB at #33 overall - that would be an alpha bossman move from Dan. No doubt about it. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, rodeo said:

In a way a Huddler became GM. Sure, the board ran him off with constant concussion jokes, but he was a Huddler for a few days at least.

Maybe he'll browse the Huddle and listen to some of the opinions here. After all, we were right more than Scott. Not sure how much of an accomplishment that really is, but a lot of us were probably drunk. 

Now all the fat boy key board warriors who talked poo to him when he was on this board can get mad all over. I still stand by the fact that you tubbies who harassed him don't have even a quarter of the balls it would take to say it to his face as you know how it would turn out.

Edited by Ricky Prickles
  • Flames 1