• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dennis Cox & Chris Lea have a point

top dawg

Dennis Cox is not down with the Dan Morgan Hire for the same reason that some here aren't. Chris Lea says that in Morgan's first presser, reporters need to ask some specific questions, and he's right. Depending upon how Morgan answers the questions will probably give us some insight as to how this next iteration of David Tepper's hires will go.

Just paraphrasing a little in no certain order:

1. How are you going to be different from Scott, Dan?

2. Dan, do you have autonomy to make decisions without interference from Dave?

3. What about the management and handling of draft assets, Dan?

Dan's got some explaining to do. I think that fans deserve some answers after this last few years. 

• Pie 2

I bet Morgan is about to get as good as Tepper is about avoiding hard questions. Obviously we know he’s good at worshipping the brass balls or else he wouldn’t have been promoted after helping build the worst team in the league. 

• Pie 3

32 minutes ago, csx said:

The answers mean nothing. The actions and only the actions  will tell us.

This 10000000% he’s a former player, he’s well versed in media sessions. Don’t tell me, show me. 

• Flames 1

10 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Dan shouldn't have to answer any questions regarding the previous GM. 

He was the previous GMs right hand. He was Teppers right pinky finger. He was responsible for delivering the assessments & information on players & trade potential to Fitterer. He doesn't need to answer for his part in all of the mess which is tied directly to Fitterer's decisions? He wasn't just an intern or analyst that sat outside the decision making process.

I hope he's more like Beane, but the last 3 years with defensive improvements, defensive drafting & the LB moves I have some concerns.

• Beer 2

2 hours ago, Steelo said:

This 10000000% he’s a former player, he’s well versed in media sessions. Don’t tell me, show me. 

And the same questions apply to any GM.

But he's not going to throw Fitterer under the bus and he's not going ti reveal some grand strategy and plan.

These are just things the media does to create content. It's not really relevant beyond that.

Why are we making this harder than it is?  With Tepper in the building can you really evaluate the people he hires?  He just overrules their decisions with his own, unless they do what he was already planning to do.  Does that mean Dan will be good or bad?  Who knows? But how can you blame him?  We have no idea what decisions he’ll actually be allowed to make.

• Pie 3

5 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

It's not about the previous GM, it's about how he will be different, and I believe it's a very valid question. Any incoming GM should be able to answer that.

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

It's not about the previous GM, it's about how he will be different, and I believe it's a very valid question. Any incoming GM should be able to answer that.

I said what I said.  I meant what I said.  I am sure he'll have his own words on his press conference to speak of himself. 

1 hour ago, L-TownCat said:

Why are we making this harder than it is?  With Tepper in the building can you really evaluate the people he hires?  He just overrules their decisions with his own, unless they do what he was already planning to do.  Does that mean Dan will be good or bad?  Who knows? But how can you blame him?  We have no idea what decisions he’ll actually be allowed to make.

He took the job after being the assistant GM. That's on him any way you look at it. He is fine with all of that or he wouldn't still be here. And yes it also points to Dan not being very good or Tepper wouldn't want him, use every one of Tepper's hires as an example of this fact.

6 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

we just finished a historically bad season and have the worst roster in the nfl and we gave up the #1 overall pick, his ass should absolutely have to answer each and every question about that debacle he was in the side car for

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1