• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers closing in on hiring DAVE CANALES

Coheed

10 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Canales managed to make Baker relevant again 

there are similarities with Yoing and Baker

Smaller size.  Not great arm strength etc

better rolling to see the field 

might as well hope as not

i do not believe young is the answer in the nfl but maybe improved this year with a simpler offense 

designed for him vs against 

as Einstein said paraphrased ‘if you expect a fish to climb a tree, you will always be disappointed’ 

I really cannot stand baker at all but his deep ball is on point

• Pie 3

9 minutes ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

This is one of the stupidest decisions in team history. They are literally the only team pursuing Canales, you can at least wait until next week to talk to Macdonald, Monken, and Johnson and he will still be there with NOBODY interested in him.

God fuging forbid anyone with a spine gets the job. 

For the 3rd time, its pretty damn telling this is the hire.  Im fine with it but you can easily read between the lines due to timing and lack of other team interest.  He more then likely was the first guy that said yes to our situation

3 minutes ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

I’m just throwing his name up to say let the guy at least get a second interview. If we are forced to hire a nobody because there isn’t anyone decent out there that wants the job, then at least interview all the nobodies.

I get where you're coming from and totally get the apprehension about any hires made under Tepper. But the angle that because no one else had significant interest as reasoning for why you think the hire is DOA is really pointless. It wouldn't be the first time teams missed out on a good coaching candidate and on the flip side if he fails it will be one more name to the pile.

The main thing is we didn't go the retread route. From here each of us can choose to be glass half full or glass half empty. I don't blame anyone for either approach.

• Pie 1

I wanted Ben Johnson more after watching their last game in which he was actively adjusting to the defense (probably a normal thing to do but we haven't seen that much in Carolina). I'm on board with Canales. Hope he and Morgan can turn it around. We need to change the culture from Keep Purring back to Keep Pounding. 

22 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Bro, please go touch grass. It’s gonna be ok. 

Frazier would be a Dungy link who is Canales’ mentor 

Nothing more ironic and funny than a message boarder telling another message boarder to go outside. 

you been outside today? It’s pouring rain. 

22 minutes ago, tgrfan01 said:

packers actually have a good roster..bucs had a better roster than we have. we are going to stink again next season

Everyone knows we are going to stink in 2024. We don’t have the draft picks and current talent to make some amazing leap like the Rams did this year. They had a fantastic draft but they also still had Stafford, Kupp, Donald, etc. to build around and Williams was drafted in 2022. We will need at least a solid draft in 2024 and 2025 (maybe QB).

It all comes down to Morgan and his team. If we get more of his BFF Fitterer type drafting, we’ll be bad for a long time.