• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canales Hire Temperature Gauge

How do you feel about the Canales Hire?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the Canales Hire?

• Love it!
    • Hate it!
    • Indifferent

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Lukewarm...

I'm not so much against the candidate as I am worried about the process that led to his hiring.

Morgan got his guy. Perhaps we should all rejoice. 

We can at least fool ourselves into thinking that Morgan told Tepper--who we all know wanted Johnson--to effectively "put a sock in it."

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

tbh, he's probably the best choice we could have made to help BY out (or whoever we get at QB if BY doesn't do well next year).

for a team that has no identity anymore, canales seems like a guy who can really help people develop that identity.

i think/HOPE that he's the right guy for the job. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

I was lukewarm when I first heard we were interviewing him, but the more I learned about him the higher on my list he went.

Love his energy and the way he talks about offensive football. You can tell he's a progressive offensive mind in terms of scheme but is also flexible enough to mold his scheme to the players he has.

This is the type of hire we should have made back in 2020 instead of gambling on Matt Rhule and it's the type of hire we damn sure should have made last year instead of old man Reich.

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Morgan got his guy. Perhaps we should all rejoice. 

We can at least fool ourselves into thinking that Morgan told Tepper--who we all know wanted Johnson--to effectively "put a sock in it."

I've done the "convince myself to get on board" thing too many times already.

I'm burnt out on it 😕

• Pie 8

I think I like the hire, but I don't like the timing. It feels a little rushed and i wish we finished the interview process with other candidates..... but at the same time the public has no idea what's going on beyond the scene and we might have known who was already unofficially out. Basically I know nothing and have no idea what to think and am ready for more hurt but cautiously optimistic. 

• Beer 2

I think that we'll hear plenty of optimism---optimism that seems delusional---about Bryce Young and how much Canales loves and believes I him (and how Morgan loves and believes in Young as well at his presser).  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I'd vote like it.  It's a chance we have to take based on the current state of the Francise. If it's a home run then fantastic.  If he and Bryce suck then we can try again next offseason with new gm, coach and qb in a much better spot. This year should be all about shedding bad money to open up things for the next few years. 

Edited by toldozer

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I don’t understand 

i think on his part it was leverage with the falcons. if he wants that job and they want him for that job, but aren't willing to commit...boarding a plane to come to carolina might have been an effort to get the falcons to jump.

on our end it would have been to just check another option against the guy that we were leaning towards and see who instilled the greatest amount of confidence in what they could do. and/or see if there was any chemistry there. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've done the "convince myself to get on board" thing too many times already.

I'm burnt out on it 😕

Same , I wantend Ben Johnson, but what choice do we have?