• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canales Hire Temperature Gauge

How do you feel about the Canales Hire?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the Canales Hire?

• Love it!
    • Hate it!
    • Indifferent

33 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

I’ll take a retread with proven success over a guy that’s done absolutely nothing in this league. He’s actually unqualified for the job, just like Rhule and Joe Brady were. Let’s call it what it is, another guy they “liked”. And we both know what the fug that means. 

I understand your apprehension due to this being a Tepper hire. But while you're being dramatic let's not pretend like pairing Bryce Young with Mike Vrabel was a guaranteed recipe for success. Either way whomever was hired was always going to have their work cut out for them because we picked the wrong QB and now we're left to salvage what we can.

Just now, frankw said:

I understand your apprehension due to this being a Tepper hire. But while you're being dramatic let's not pretend like pairing Bryce Young with Mike Vrabel was a guaranteed recipe for success. Either way whomever was hired was always going to have their work cut out for them because we picked the wrong QB and now we're left to salvage what we can.

Well thats kindof my gripe with this hire.  We needed to hire a head coach not someone that can fix bryce.  Can canales do both, maybe but its clear as to why he was hired.

I truly hope though that tepper gives him a long runway because I think next year could be brutal

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Well thats kindof my gripe with this hire.  We needed to hire a head coach not someone that can fix bryce.  Can canales do both, maybe but its clear as to why he was hired.

I truly hope though that tepper gives him a long runway because I think next year could be brutal

As we've discussed previously the number of highly qualified candidates willing to hitch their wagon to Bryce Young for the foreseeable future was few and far between. They all saw the same things we did regardless of contributing circumstances.

Our best hope is that Canales can channel some level of McVay or Shanahan. I'm not saying I expect it. But for this to work that's what it's going to take.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

As we've discussed previously the number of highly qualified candidates willing to hitch their wagon to Bryce Young for the foreseeable future was few and far between. They all saw the same things we did regardless of contributing circumstances.

Our best hope is that Canales can channel some level of McVay or Shanahan. I'm not saying I expect it. But for this to work that's what it's going to take.

Yep, that reality hit me about 30 minutes after the announcement.  The timing clearly gave it away.  Not many folks were going to risk their careers working for tepper and being saddled with a historically small qb.

Going to be really interesting who he hires as OC

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Canales himself seems excited...

For whatever else you may feel about the hire, it's cool that he's embracing the fanbase.

Is it the fan base? I guess it's good even if it's just for the team.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

For whatever else you may feel about the hire, it's cool that he's embracing the fanbase.

I will give him until about the 3rd Monday morning sit down with Tepper for that enthusiasm to disappear. 

• Beer 1

26 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's more than others have done.*

Seems to be a positive, and recognition by someone in charge aware of needing to win over/back fans.

(*cough, vs former player keeping the wrong team image on social for months,cough*)

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I honestly hope it works, but you do make a point.  A brand new green head coach that was hired to "fix" an undersized qb that had a historically bad season has the potential to go south pretty quickly.

And you can’t even fire him early. This is why once I figured out Bryce probably isn’t the guy that we were going to be 2 head coaches away. The next 2 seasons are already over for us. 

36 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You’d be excited to if you talked an old fool into setting you up for life and giving you a job you’re not qualified for