• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WR Room Overhaul

ncfan

I suspect this room is going to look completely different next fall.  By Any mean necessary.

The is arguably the worst in the league.

Additionally. Our New HC has been credited for turning around 2 QBs who just so happened to step in to situations that had top 5 in the NFL WR duos.

• Pie 2

Alot of work needs to be done in that room.  Chark and Viska should walk, TMJ most certainly a cut, probably should trade Theilen because of the value/ target share in the MOF.  It might not all happen in one year but we need to inject speed and a #1 into the WR core and will probably need to find some kind of TE to affect the passing game especially considering Hurst's serious concussion issues.  At WR at least there is alot of solid options in free agency and as potential trade candidates.

I don't think Seattle wants to give DK another big contract next offseason, have to think he has some sort of relationship with Canales.

I'd look into a trade of Burns for DK if I were Morgan (assuming him and Canales have a good relationship of course)

6 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Alot of work needs to be done in that room.  Chark and Viska should walk, TMJ most certainly a cut, probably should trade Theilen because of the value/ target share in the MOF.  It might not all happen in one year but we need to inject speed and a #1 into the WR core and will probably need to find some kind of TE to affect the passing game especially considering Hurst's serious concussion issues.  At WR at least there is alot of solid options in free agency and as potential trade candidates.

In no way should we let go of Adam T, what we need to do it seems like is add a major free agent like Tee Higgins then add a mid level like Curtis Samuels back to go along with Mingo and Adam. He’s to reliable to let go we need him in the slot and all over the field producing first downs. Maybe we bring back DJ Chark if we can get a good deal done to build off last year and because football’s a rough sport I expect injuries to all positions if you’re deep you’ll be able to maintain through those injuries. 

3 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

In no way should we let go of Adam T, what we need to do it seems like is add a major free agent like Tee Higgins then add a mid level like Curtis Samuels back to go along with Mingo and Adam. He’s to reliable to let go we need him in the slot and all over the field producing first downs. Maybe we bring back DJ Chark if we can get a good deal done to build off last year and because football’s a rough sport I expect injuries to all positions if you’re deep you’ll be able to maintain through those injuries. 

AT did well in that slot/chain mover roll but he was also eating up all the targets in the MOF to the point the TEs couldn't get involved and I think long term you can replace that with proper investments a say a mid-round rookie WR and TEs.  I don't think his value will ever be higher and the team needs some injection of youth and speed to open up the field so to me its a "take a step back to leap forward" type of move.

Higgins or a Pittman are probably the best targets to be #1 WRs on the free agent market.  I'd target Marquis Brown as the #2/speedster but Samuels can get open and would be a good option too.  Big fan of Diontae Johnson if he were to come available for trade too.

15 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I don't think Seattle wants to give DK another big contract next offseason, have to think he has some sort of relationship with Canales.

I'd look into a trade of Burns for DK if I were Morgan (assuming him and Canales have a good relationship of course)

The one to keep an eye on is Lockett that worked heavily with Canales. He will be the casualty there with JSN coming up. DK should be in SEA to stay for a bit.  

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

The one to keep an eye on is Lockett that worked heavily with Canales. He will be the casualty there with JSN coming up. DK should be in SEA to stay for a bit.  

Unless they cut Lockett and we can get him on a severe discount, I have no interest in Lockett.

He'll turn 32 early into next season where DK just turned 26 in December.

I think JSN was drafted to replace DK long term so they don't need to give him another big deal, as they'd need to do that next offseason.

Tag and trade Burns for DK and then give him a new 4 year contract extension

And if we can't/won't do this, I still think we need to try and find a way to trade for Aiyuk, although that could be more difficult as I think the 49ers are going to want draft picks in return, not someone they have to give a big contract to, as that's why they'll need to trade Aiyuk anyways, too many big contracts on their books and won't be able to afford to re-sign him long term.

Edited by tukafan21

6 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

First order of business:

Tell Terrible Terrace to beat it 

Tell Drop-a-ton Mingo he is on notice 

A 2.4 percent drop rate? C'mon, man. Terrace is fair game, Mingo is coming off a rookie year with a train wreck for an organization.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Unless they cut Lockett and we can get him on a severe discount, I have no interest in Lockett.

He'll turn 32 early into next season where DK just turned 26 in December.

I think JSN was drafted to replace DK long term so they don't need to give him another big deal, as they'd need to do that next offseason.

Tag and trade Burns for DK and then give him a new 4 year contract extension

And if we can't/won't do this, I still think we need to try and find a way to trade for Aiyuk, although that could be more difficult as I think the 49ers are going to want draft picks in return, not someone they have to give a big contract to, as that's why they'll need to trade Aiyuk anyways, too many big contracts on their books and won't be able to afford to re-sign him long term.

Thats a bit too much of a pipe dream for me though, just trying to connect dots.

Aiyuk is one of the best pure receivers in the league. Doubt SF looks to move him. He’s an integral part of their team vying for a SB.

Doubt Metcalf is going anywhere as well.

24 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

AT did well in that slot/chain mover roll but he was also eating up all the targets in the MOF to the point the TEs couldn't get involved and I think long term you can replace that with proper investments a say a mid-round rookie WR and TEs.  I don't think his value will ever be higher and the team needs some injection of youth and speed to open up the field so to me its a "take a step back to leap forward" type of move.

Higgins or a Pittman are probably the best targets to be #1 WRs on the free agent market.  I'd target Marquis Brown as the #2/speedster but Samuels can get open and would be a good option too.  Big fan of Diontae Johnson if he were to come available for trade too.

It's not Thielen's fault that our other receivers sucked.

• Pie 3