• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The More I Hear, The More I like Dave Canales

chknwing

11 minutes ago, Manna said:

I didn’t know it was a rumor. I was going by what I saw during the pro days. Frank and Josh were all over Stroud, but distant with Bryce. Unless that was smokescreen. 

If by distant you include hugging and high fives and numerous interviews

Not to mention Frank saying himself that Bryce was their guy

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, rdog157h said:

Frank was a qb whisperer, couldn’t fix Bryce.

No he wasn’t. The only QB that Frank developed was Wentz in his first two years. Luck and Rivers were many years into their careers before they played for Frank and Frank went all vets after Luck, including Rivers again.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Shocker said:

If by distant you include hugging and high fives and numerous interviews

Not to mention Frank saying himself that Bryce was their guy

It’s really irritating seeing these excuses for Frank (and Josh). If they truly loved Stroud over Young, they couldn’t convince collaborative Scott? Stroud called Nicole Mama Tepp, so maybe Frank and Josh overruled her and she wanted Stroud. We said good things about every prospect. I remember an article or tweet that Frank liked Young best but had Richardson as his second choice. You could find tweets and articles about every prospect and Frank/Scott saying nice things.

Even the QBs in 2022 had blurbs and good things said about all of them.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, chknwing said:

This may have been the perfect hire for Carolina on what they needed in a HC.  This guy is a QB whisperer and a former WR coach in Seattle.  Say What!!!  This guy of all the canidates, has a resume that addresses the 2 biggest needs Carolina has.  He needs to pick an Oline whisperer as his OC and we roll with Evero or hell hire Ron back to run the defense.  Man Imagine Dom Capers and Rivera running the defese.  Goose Bumps.  Canales will help Bryce be servicable and Morgan will make sure we have a viable #2 option at qb.  Morgan, will rebuild this team, and I have no doubt he goes MLB with the 1st in 2025.  We need that qb on defense.  Shaq is a good player but he is far from a Morgan/Kuechly General of the defense type.  This is the first time I have been excited for this teams future in a long time.  Go Panthers. 

Bryce needs to be much more then "servicable". First round pick needs to be the guy and a difference maker. Anything less is bullshitt.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Wolfcop said:

Listen to Bucs media and players and you’ll feel pretty good about the hire. Canales has some elite traits in communication, motivation, and attention to detail according to them. 

I'm hearing it, but he's going to have to show me something before I get hyped. 

The one thing I've seen quite a bit this afternoon and evening, other than he was hired to fix Young, is that Canales could be the next great offensive coach but he probably isn't quite ready and that the Panthers will need to be patient as he grows into the role. Hopefully, that's true and Tepper gives him the time he needs.

Edited by jayboogieman

21 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

If he can pull 6 wins next season out of what he's been handed he should get a statue outside the stadium. 

It's just a little too early to say that for me. I have to see what we do in FA and the draft before I make my mind up. But, today, I really can't see more than three wins (so it would be a miracle to get to six).