• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official: Panthers hire Canales

Mr. Scot

9 hours ago, Evil Hurney said:

Fant is a FA. I wouldn't be surprised if the Panthers took a swing at him.

Nice catch.  That would be a nice acquisition.  Players like TEs are not that expensive in relation to the impact they have.  Kickers are the same way--if I were a GM, I would have the best kicker I could get--they are often the difference. 

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

A couple of interesting nuggets here. Brinson and the other guy say that Reich didn't want Brown as his OC and only hired him because Tepper wanted a rockstar/all-star. They also say they think Tepper will do his best to let Morgan and Canales do their own thing this year. Then they go on to say if it doesn't work out, Tepper will start meddling again.

• Pie 3

52 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

A couple of interesting nuggets here. Brinson and the other guy say that Reich didn't want Brown as his OC and only hired him because Tepper wanted a rockstar/all-star. They also say they think Tepper will do his best to let Morgan and Canales do their own thing this year. Then they go on to say if it doesn't work out, Tepper will start meddling again.

Tepper needs to be patient. This team has a serious lack of talent and it is going to take time. If Tepper starts meddling it will only set the team back even further. The weekly sit down meetings need to end so the coach can do his job. Frank gave us an inside the tent look in his final days of how Tepper is. 
The Rhule years set this team back in many ways. Frank never had a chance. Let’s hope Canales is provided the players and time needed to be successful. And let’s hope they bring in some QB competition so that if Bryce is not “it” we don’t have to watch another season like the last one. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

13 minutes ago, thennek said:

Tepper needs to be patient. This team has a serious lack of talent and it is going to take time. If Tepper starts meddling it will only set the team back even further. The weekly sit down meetings need to end so the coach can do his job. Frank gave us an inside the tent look in his final days of how Tepper is. 
The Rhule years set this team back in many ways. Frank never had a chance. Let’s hope Canales is provided the players and time needed to be successful. And let’s hope they bring in some QB competition so that if Bryce is not “it” we don’t have to watch another season like the last one. 

Yep Yes GIF by C H A R L Ö T T E

13 hours ago, Evil Hurney said:

The price for firing Frank in his first season. Tepper-Tax.

This sounds like Dave said, I’ll do my best with BY, but you need to give me time to pivot if he doesn’t work out.

• Beer 1