• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dave Canales hire grade

Hugo

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I admire those that still care enough about this team to do so.

I pity them too, but admire the spirit and commitment to being miserable nonetheless.

Who says folks on that side of the fence are miserable? Very inaccurate assumption.

3 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Who says folks on that side of the fence are miserable? Very inaccurate assumption.

You're right, I should assume that people writing dissertations about their angst towards Tepper, the franchise, and its direction are happy.

What was I thinking.

• Pie 2

Just now, Ricky Spanish said:

You're right, I should assume that people writing dissertations about their angst towards Tepper, the franchise, and its direction are happy.

What was I thinking.

Don't confuse apathy/skepticism with misery. I daresay that some folks labeled as 'miserable', which has been thrown at me many times over the last year, are actually pretty loose and free with the weight of any kind of expectation lifted. Impossible to be disappointed and very easy to be pleasantly surprised when things are as bad as Tepper and his decisions have made them.

Makes it easier to be objective as well, but there are probably more slight-leans toward optimism this year vs the BS that was going on last year.

• Flames 2

1 hour ago, KSpan said:

I could not care less about Canales at this point but damn, is that a media outlet criticizing Rhule and Reich hires? I've been told so many times that they were only regarded positively... look at that. 

However, they also graded Fitterer... ouch.

IMG_20240126_132209.jpg

Well, I guess we should hope that they hate the Dan Morgan hire. If they love the coach hire and hate the GM hire we might be onto something.

7 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Don't confuse apathy/skepticism with misery. I daresay that some folks labeled as 'miserable', which has been thrown at me many times over the last year, are actually pretty loose and free with the weight of any kind of expectation lifted. Impossible to be disappointed and very easy to be pleasantly surprised when things are as bad as Tepper and his decisions have made them.

Makes it easier to be objective as well, but there are probably more slight-leans toward optimism this year vs the BS that was going on last year.

Yeah but you're not writing dissertations.

There's a difference between "Meh" and "How fuging dare you, you fuging asshat making these decisions, let me list all the reasons A through 69 that I despise what you have done to the football love of my life".

Low expectations are where we should ALL be right now.

Getting angry about any of it right now is just not worth it.

• Beer 3

Some posters' complete opposition to reading a few words will never not be funny to me. Why even use a forum if you just want small one liners or quips? Twitter with its character limit would be far more up your alley I'd imagine.