• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Doubling down on Young. I don't like it. We NEED Young insurance.

top dawg

This is the make or break year for Young. I don’t want to spend valuable limited draft resources on a guy that isn’t thought highly enough to be taken at the top of the first. Like I said before, if Morgan and Canales have some sort of insider info that guarantees a guy that will be available to us will be a legit franchise guy then sure. Otherwise, build the team and be ready to spend a high first (moving up if necessary) on a franchise QB next year. 

• Pie 2

Before the Panthers just throw Bryce Yong aside after playing his first year with a horrible team, they should fix the bad offensive line and get him wide receivers that can get open and catch the ball.

With the Panthers limited resources I don't see them being competive  for at least two more years, so in the meanwhile, like other bottom feeding teams, fans will just have to ride it out.

We don't need insurance and in truth, we can't really get "insurance".

We made the mistake of going for someone else when we cut Cam and signed Bridgewater.  Should have stuck with Cam and if he continued to struggle, then draft someone.  

We need to stick with Bryce, and use our few draft picks to help build up the talent level.   If Bryce doesn't improve next year, then we draft someone in 2025.  This path has a far better chance of getting the Panthers moving forward than any other thing we might do.  

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

Before the Panthers just throw Bryce Yong aside after playing his first year with a horrible team, they should fix the bad offensive line and get him wide receivers that can get open and catch the ball.

With the Panthers limited resources I don't see them being competive  for at least two more years, so in the meanwhile, like other bottom feeding teams, fans will just have to ride it out.

It wasn't a bad Oline in 2022 and they weren't bad receivers until they got here.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

10 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

We don't need insurance and in truth, we can't really get "insurance".

We made the mistake of going for someone else when we cut Cam and signed Bridgewater.  Should have stuck with Cam and if he continued to struggle, then draft someone.  

We need to stick with Bryce, and use our few draft picks to help build up the talent level.   If Bryce doesn't improve next year, then we draft someone in 2025.  This path has a far better chance of getting the Panthers moving forward than any other thing we might do.  

This idea that our Plan B (when Young flames out) is 'gun to the head' "You must draft a QB in the first round of the 2025 Draft" is baffling.

• Beer 1

18 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

This is the make or break year for Young. I don’t want to spend valuable limited draft resources on a guy that isn’t thought highly enough to be taken at the top of the first. Like I said before, if Morgan and Canales have some sort of insider info that guarantees a guy that will be available to us will be a legit franchise guy then sure. Otherwise, build the team and be ready to spend a high first (moving up if necessary) on a franchise QB next year. 

Bingo!! This is the only sensible way to do it in my opinion.

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, top dawg said:

The 2025 draft class is looking suspect.

We need other positions filled as well. It's would help being in the top 10 of every round.  We suck that much. I'm not ready to panic about the qb position yet. This years class has just as much chance to fail. Draft picks are a crap shoot and judging a class a year or two out is premature to say the least.

We can get to mediocrity with just about any vet qb scrub if that would satisfy the need for a few wins. We should shoot for someone that has a longer shelf life and that's through the draft.

This year we are forced to put our focus elsewhere, as it should this season only, to get to mediocrity at least. We know mediocrity well as Panthers fans. That we can do with things being as they are, maybe. It should be the unspoken goal when the season starts. That's how bad it gotten. 

This past season, it was said there were several coaches who wanted to bench Young and play Dalton. This idea was rejected by whomever was in charge but one would have to say it was Fitterer and Tepper. Since the  HC, QB coach and RB coach were fired it is assumed they were part of the coaches that wanted Young benched. It was said that Tepper demanded that they fix Young last year and when it did not happen he fired them. I hope Tepper is not setting up the new HC for failure by basing his success on if he can fix Young. 

The Panthers need to start winning with Young or without Young. So yes, there needs to be a plan B. 

4 minutes ago, thennek said:

This past season, it was said there were several coaches who wanted to bench Young and play Dalton. This idea was rejected by whomever was in charge but one would have to say it was Fitterer and Tepper. Since the  HC, QB coach and RB coach were fired it is assumed they were part of the coaches that wanted Young benched. It was said that Tepper demanded that they fix Young last year and when it did not happen he fired them. I hope Tepper is not setting up the new HC for failure by basing his success on if he can fix Young. 

The Panthers need to start winning with Young or without Young. So yes, there needs to be a plan B. 

There is a plan B. The 2025 draft class and FA qb's are being scouted as I type this. 

Edited by Jon Snow

39 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

people keep saying fix the line and give him WRs before judging him, but that only works for QBs that show they actually have talent and can put the team on his back. Bryce has shown absolute jackshit and will never be able to carry the team when we need him to. Thats what #1 overall QBs are supposed to do.

Edited by KillerKat
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1