• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Conference Championship Games

30 minutes ago, hepcat said:

If he outduels Mahomes in the Super Bowl then Cam was wrong 

that's legitimately an insane standard - Mahomes is one of the best QBs to play the game in years. One doesn't need to be at his level to be more than just some mere game manager.

Purdy definitely showed up today...

• Pie 1

Just now, mav1234 said:

that's legitimately an insane standard - Mahomes is one of the best QBs to play the game in years. One doesn't need to be at his level to be more than just some mere game manager.

Purdy definitely showed up today...

Purdy is good and his evasion skills were out of this world tonight. Cam might eat his words. But let’s also not underplay the fact that Purdy has easily the best supporting cast around him of any QB in the NFL by a loooooooooooonnnnnnng shot. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks said:

Cam wouldn't even outduel Mahomes in the Super Bowl

Pre-shoulder injury Cam Newton would have obliterated Mahomes with that 49ers offense. Vice versa if you put Mahomes with that supporting cast. I mean there’s no weakness on the 49ers offense. Every position is stacked. The Lions completely shut down CMC for 3 quarters, didn’t matter. Aiyuk and Deebo kept things moving. Kittle barely did sh*t in this game but he can light you up for 100 yards easily. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Purdy is good and his evasion skills were out of this world tonight. Cam might eat his words. But let’s also not underplay the fact that Purdy has easily the best supporting cast around him of any QB in the NFL by a loooooooooooonnnnnnng shot. 

Yep, give Purdy the poo weapons Cam had with god awful Mike Shula calling plays and lets see how great Purdy would be then...

I'll give Purdy credit - he is making the most of the luxury he has. But the dude has a top 5 oline, probably #1 weapons, a top 10 defense, and an offensive genius for a HC. I think most QBs could be put into that situation and thrive.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Shoulda coulda woulda you can’t look to the past but they have to figure it out now.

You're right...they have to figure it out. I don't care where Burns goes as long as he goes...if he expects to be overpaid.

13 minutes ago, hepcat said:

With Ben Johnson out the door and this epic choke job I’m not so sure about that. 

If they fall apart it will likely be because the players and coaches they have leave, and the replacements aren't as good.  Or because other teams in the NFC improve and Detroit doesn't.  I doubt it will be mental.  

God damn!!! Very predictable Detroit going for it on 4th down twice and failing lost them the game. Really stupid given the game and the circumstances. 

They had this game locked up at halftime, they absolutely poo the bed. They were beating the dog poo out of the 49ers. What the heck happened at half time?? 

I'm definitely cheering hard for the 49ers now I'd rather not see the Chiefs win again.