• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Wilks owning Dan Campbell yet again.

50 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

2 MVPs

Ouch Allen 

yeesh...your boy in playoffs:

more losses than wins

5 tds to 5 ints in playoffs

58% completion pct

5 fumbles

Ouch you. Do you miss the point of everything?

Edited by csx
  • Pie 1

10 hours ago, csx said:

You have to assume this guy didn't watch the game.

The Lions had:

more total yards

more passing yards

more rushing yards

more first downs

more total plays

And he's creating a trolling thread about the Niners winning becuase of defense when it was drops and poor decisions by the Lions? 

I actually don't doubt he watched it.

He just doesn't understand what he saw.

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, KillerKat said:

A defense doesnt own an offense when the offense scores 30+ points.

Wilks made some very good adjustment in the second half.  I will say that the Lions should have just kicked field goals instead of leaving points on the table.

Allen and Lamar are both great QBs and honestly are probably both slightly underrated. The only difference between them imo is you have to have a specific offense for Lamar to work, but when it works it’s incredible. In the playoffs I think it’s harder for these type of offense to be consistent.  I’m not sure the problem is Lamar in the playoffs, it’s just that they have to go up against better defenses one after the other and in a league of any given Sunday, it’s more likely someone will have an off day upsetting the balance that offense requires (or an “on day” for the defenses). 

Also, lol at the Wilks fanboying. He’s not a good coach. I like the guy, but he was a terrible HC and not a very good DC either. Our defense got worse when he became DC, and I dunno enough about SF to say the same for them but they’re so loaded on defense it would be hard to come in and F it up. 

Edited by JawnyBlaze
  • Beer 1

I mean, the Lions did score the most points on the 49ers that anyone did all season. 

Lions choked in the 3rd.  Simple as that IMO.  They weren't making plays against the 49ers that they had.  If the Lions didn't implode in the 3rd they would have hung 40+ on the 49ers.   Not sure how that is Wilks being terrific and owning anyone. 

• Pie 3

12 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, the Lions did score the most points on the 49ers that anyone did all season. 

Lions choked in the 3rd.  Simple as that IMO.  They weren't making plays against the 49ers that they had.  If the Lions didn't implode in the 3rd they would have hung 40+ on the 49ers.   Not sure how that is Wilks being terrific and owning anyone. 

Wilks isn't out there making WRs drop balls.  That is what killed the 3rd quarter for them...

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Wilks made some very good adjustment in the second half.  I will say that the Lions should have just kicked field goals instead of leaving points on the table.

I don't begrudge the first 4th down attempt but that one later in the game.... when they needed 10 points... I dunnoo...

About Campbell--he took a team that has never sniffed the super bowl in 57 years and had them on the doorstep.  Wilkes gave up 24 points in the first half at home to an underdog.

Campbell beat himself--live by the sword, die by the sword.  Wilkes was not holding the sword.  Dropped passes, a key fumble, not kicking 2 FGs--Detroil beat themselves.  Full stop.

• Pie 4

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

About Campbell--he took a team that has never sniffed the super bowl in 57 years and had them on the doorstep.  Wilkes gave up 24 points in the first half at home to an underdog.

Campbell beat himself--live by the sword, die by the sword.  Wilkes was not holding the sword.  Dropped passes, a key fumble, not kicking 2 FGs--Detroil beat themselves.  Full stop.

I get going for it on 4th downs early on the game when you are up, trying to put the dagger in the opponent.  When you are down or lost the momentum and chasing points while being in FG range, you take the points to stop the bleeding.  That's where Campbell fugged up.  As for the WRs that couldn't  catch a cold in the 3rd quarter?  Let's say that took a toll on team moral. Also, Gibbs was on the wrong side of the QB for the handoff that he fumbled as it wasn't a clean exchange; he never had a good grasp on it.

None of these things had to do with the 49ers defense.  It was a overzealous HC, a WR corps that forgot how to catch and a missed alignment by the RB.

• Pie 2