• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 Wide Receivers

Shocker

16 hours ago, Shocker said:

The Ladd McConkey thing is weird.  Not much production and doesn’t have size and doesn’t have literally anything that puts him in the first 4 rounds,  not seeing it.

I hope he runs 4.3 and goes before us…would help…but he won’t 

I think he was injured this year, but had good production. He’s 6ft but a bit thin. He’s very good at creating separation and getting open, so that’s the appeal to me. I would say that is the number one thing I look for. I’m done with contested catches type of guys. I think he is decently fast as well.

• Pie 2

On 2/13/2024 at 3:47 PM, ForJimmy said:

To me Ladd is a slot like AT and Mingo.  We really need a legit outside WR or two.  There is a lot to like about Ladd's game though. 

He gets separation.  I thought I heard it’s a thing now…

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been looking into Xavier Worthy and guys like him kill me.  Common sense tells me these small speed guys rarely work out but that speed is so enticing.  

From the Athletic Mock Draft:

There are plenty of gifted wideouts that Carolina can snag here: Western Kentucky’s Malachi Corley, FSU’s Keon Coleman, Georgia’s Ladd McConkey, Michigan’s Roman Wilson or Oregon’s Troy Franklin. The Panthers go for the fastest man in the draft instead. Worthy won that title with his 4.21 40 at the combine. He will provide a much-needed weapon for last year’s top pick, Bryce Young. Worthy is only 5-foot-11 and 165 pounds, but he has rare speed. He ran a 1.49 10-yard split, vertical jumped 41 inches and broad jumped 10-11. His hands were pretty shaky earlier in his career, but they became more reliable in 2023 when he caught 75 passes for 1,014 yards and five TDs. Given his size, don’t expect him to be much of a factor at crunch time. He produced three first downs on third-down throws and only produced one red zone touchdown in 2023.

For all the flash of his blazing speed, Worthy has blue-collar work ethic. Texas coaches told The Athletic that he was the best practice player they’ve had. He really couldn’t track the ball well as a sophomore, but worked very hard to improve as he’s continued to become a more complete player.

The Coaching Intel

“Electric. I think he’s a really good receiver. He reminds me of DeSean Jackson. He can go the distance every time he touches it. I don’t think he’s not physical. I’ll say this: He isn’t little. He’s long. He’s just skinny.”

“He’s so fast, you couldn’t blink when he’s out there.”

• Pie 1

I see MoConkey as a guy who will give you 10 seasons as a solid WR and he is the most least likely to bust.  I see many of the others on more of the "Boom or Bust" spectrum.  For this reason, give me McConkey.

• Pie 2

I think this thread makes it clear that receivers 5-12 in this draft are extremely unclear and will be drafted between picks 33 and 50.  I'm hoping some crazy, QB needy team wants to give us extra 2nd and/or 3rd round picks to move up and let us drop 8-12 spots.  We still get one of these guys, use pick 39, and get much more value in rounds 2 & 3.  Instead of one of these guys and an Edge/LB/CB we get that AND Ja'Tavion Sanders.....I mean....

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I see MoConkey as a guy who will give you 10 seasons as a solid WR and he is the most least likely to bust.  I see many of the others on more of the "Boom or Bust" spectrum.  For this reason, give me McConkey.

From what I have read and seen he is going mid to late first.  Not seeing him getting to us but hope I am wrong.  I think Ladd is a slot guy or #2 but not a #1.  At 33 I doubt we get that honestly.

Posted (edited)

Ricky Pearsall is a guy that will be a steal in this draft.  Good size and good RAZ numbers and has speed and hands.  If we took him at 33 I would consider it a nice move.  Getting him later awesome.

His QBs were dicey at best

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

On 4/4/2024 at 9:07 PM, Shocker said:

Ricky Pearsall is a guy that will be a steal in this draft.  Good size and good RAZ numbers and has speed and hands.  If we took him at 33 I would consider it a nice move.  Getting him later awesome.

His QBs were dicey at best

His tape reminds me alot of Josh Downs (only much taller).  I would not be mad at all at this pick....but hope we can get him at 44 after a trade down.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I have settled on my guy at #33.  The only question is speed and it’s a big one but Keon Coleman would be my pick.  He was plenty fast on the field and he can do pretty much everything else.  

My questions with others,

Worthy is too small

AD Mitchell has it all physically but something bothers me with him.  He should be more dominant with his tools

Ladd, sure would like to have him but as a #3 ideally

Pearshall can be had in round #3 IMO

just my humble opinion 

Edited by Shocker

Good take on Legette.  They love the athleticism, but he still has a lot to do left in his game.  Yes, the Mingo comparison came up here as well.  They show a chart at some point that actually makes me more and more a Pearsall fan. Man, I'm tempted to sang him at #39.

• Pie 1