• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Free Pete Carroll

Mr. Scot

Just now, TheBigKat said:

I have heard in news clippings from former players that his messaging has gotten stale

plus he is a West Coast lifer

He wouldn't be "messaging" anybody here. Basically just helping Canales get accustomed to his new role.

Whether or not he'd actually accept such a role? No idea.

Honestly though, Seattle probably should just let him go anyway. It's kind of silly the position they're putting him in.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He wouldn't be "messaging" anybody here. Basically just helping Canales get accustomed to his new role.

Whether or not he'd actually accept such a role? No idea.

Honestly though, Seattle probably should just let him go anyway. It's kind of silly the position they're putting him in.

I wonder what the legalities are on this.  His title was Head Coach and was removed as HC. Unless he signed off on the consultant position.  I don't see where you can basically fire a guy from a position but try to keep him with a new title without his permission.

Seattle is sneaky like that though. 

9 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I wonder what the legalities are on this.  His title was Head Coach and was removed as HC. Unless he signed off on the consultant position.  I don't see where you can basically fire a guy from a position but try to keep him with a new title without his permission.

Seattle is sneaky like that though. 

Complicated I'm sure...

Inherent In the move is that GM John Schneider now has full power with the team. In the past, Carroll always had final say.

I get the want to have a knowledgable vet like Pete in the building for Canales to lean into. For me, it would trigger my 2023 PTSD of too many chefs in the kitchen. From what Carroll and Canales have said, they have a pretty open dialogue. I think Canales would have the ability to tap into Pete at any time without him specifically being on the Panthers staff.

I also think DC wants space to run the show as a first time HC. 

• Pie 3

34 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Don’t need Pete the Cheat and his sonic speed gum chewing on this team 

Pete the cheat is a damn good coach and could be a damn good mentor. As far as his gum chewing, that old fart can chew whatever the hell he wants if he could be of benefit to this team, our first time head coach and our players.

• Pie 1