• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looks like we get to keep Ejiro Evero!

46 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

But I think that lines up with us be great at total yards and also giving up a lot of points. Especially considering we were dead last in takeaways.

some of the total yardage is just teams choosing the conservative approach on us.  No point getting overly risky when basic play vs us likely wins you the game.  So they played D and ran on us more so than normal league trends. 

• Beer 1

58 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Oooooo!  Sorry!  Thanks for playing we have some nice parting gifts for you!

We were top 10 in ToP this year, only six teams possessed the ball more:

image.png.a82a08fba38a2fd93bbfae3cf0519877.png

Whammy! Well I hope my parting gift is to keep Evero. 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

some of the total yardage is just teams choosing the conservative approach on us.  No point getting overly risky when basic play vs us likely wins you the game.  So they played D and ran on us more so than normal league trends. 

Ill help with this- Panthers defense was only half bad, while the offense was full bad.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

I dunno. I don’t think this dude is some elite DC like everyone says he is. Couldn’t find a role for Chinn. 

allegedly was catering things to maximize Burns....who disappointed in a contract year. 

he isn't aggressive.  his teams don't tackle well.  So....

I mean, he is way better than Thomas Brown/Frank Reich as a coordinator at this point.  But we often are just comparing ourselves to ourselves. 

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, CRA said:

allegedly was catering things to maximize Burns....who disappointed in a contract year. 

he isn't aggressive.  his teams don't tackle well.  So....

I mean, he is way better than Thomas Brown/Frank Reich as a coordinator at this point.  But we often are just comparing ourselves to ourselves. 

I also hate and will always hate the 3-4. Chinn is probably gone and I can promise you he is gonna blow up on another team. 

Plus a big overlooked issue on this topic- It was the 1st year from the 4-3 to 3-4, thats a huge change. It takes around 3 years to fully get the right players for a 3-4. Panthers still dont have a NT or the backup NT. The LB corp is a joke in terms of 3-4(luvu is a baller play in any D). Panthers CBs are not used to biltzing.

Plus the panthers put most of the resources into the offense side- first two draft picks, clark, theilen, hurst, sanders, etc. 

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Defensive stats put in perspective tell us the Panthers players were not prepared well enough to create turnovers, were the worst in forcing teams to pass the ball & gave up the most points with the fewest yards required to score.

That points scored to yardage ratio on the defense is horrible. When you factor in a majority of it was against the run, that's even worse.

Teams ran at will on the Panthers & scored quickly without any fear of being hit hard enough to cause a fumble. Easy audibles for QBs to check out of any pass. Easy mode for any NFL QB.

That's not even a bend but don't break defense. That's a be abused & be broken defense. If the Panthers were to score points on offense, would the defense even be able to get off the field or would it look like the 2022 Broncos defense? It's clear to see the Panthers defense did not factor into controlling games all season long. The Panthers offense was 6th in the NFL at controlling the clock. The defense can't expect better & they need to get off the field.

I don't see Evero improving on any of that as he demonstrated the same problems with the Broncos & the Panthers. Evero would have made Bryce Young look like an All Pro.

On 2/2/2024 at 6:35 PM, CPantherKing said:

Defensive stats put in perspective tell us the Panthers players were not prepared well enough to create turnovers, were the worst in forcing teams to pass the ball & gave up the most points with the fewest yards required to score.

That points scored to yardage ratio on the defense is horrible. When you factor in a majority of it was against the run, that's even worse.

Teams ran at will on the Panthers & scored quickly without any fear of being hit hard enough to cause a fumble. Easy audibles for QBs to check out of any pass. Easy mode for any NFL QB.

That's not even a bend but don't break defense. That's a be abused & be broken defense. If the Panthers were to score points on offense, would the defense even be able to get off the field or would it look like the 2022 Broncos defense? It's clear to see the Panthers defense did not factor into controlling games all season long. The Panthers offense was 6th in the NFL at controlling the clock. The defense can't expect better & they need to get off the field.

I don't see Evero improving on any of that as he demonstrated the same problems with the Broncos & the Panthers. Evero would have made Bryce Young look like an All Pro.

John Cena Face GIF

9 minutes ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

IMG_2797.jpeg

Ejiro's Bronco's held the same title the prior season.  If we don't lead the NFL in missed tackles in 2024....it will be the first time for the DC. 

Frank/Thomas Brown essentially have caused people to inflate Ejiro and this D.  They weren't good last year.   They just weren't the comical joke the O was. 

we should of cleaned house.  Too much of the old mess is remaining.  This type stuff is why the Panthers continue to be so easy to predict each season in terms of success/failure. 

I think it's pretty easy to see Ejiro is a very qualified and good DC.  Always room to debate how good.

I see a ton of potential for improvement in the 2nd year of his system with better health of players and better personal that fit his system.  Player health was a big problem in his year with Denver as well as his year here.

The guy had multiple interviews to be the head coach of multiple teams as well as multiple teams trying to sign him for their DC position.

While that doesn't prove he's a good DC or coach it does certainly show how other teams and personal in the league view him in a very positive way.