• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TMJ and Chark were terrible.

0kBoomer

1 hour ago, 0kBoomer said:

IMG_0996.thumb.jpeg.6c3c326b7897b2913a0d40b89aa49602.jpeg

Is there any hope for TMJ? It has to feel like a lost cause at this point right?

I think the team needs to unload TMJ this offseason. Dude is Devin Funchess-level soft. Both of them can hit the road but I’d keep Chark if given the choice. 

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

I think the team needs to unload TMJ this offseason. Dude is Devin Funchess-level soft. Both of them can hit the road but I’d keep Chark if given the choice. 

If by unload you mean cut, then there is little doubt that will happen.

If by unload, you mean trade, can't see that happening.  Can't imagine anyone would give us anything for him.  

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Davidson Deac II said:

If by unload you mean cut, then there is little doubt that will happen.

If by unload, you mean trade, can't see that happening.  Can't imagine anyone would give us anything for him.  

I think he’d be worth a late rounder at least - 6th or 7th. He’s still young with good size and athleticism. He’s still on his rookie deal. The problem is between his ears IMO. Maybe a change of scenery is needed. 

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

I think he’d be worth a late rounder at least - 6th or 7th. He’s still young with good size and athleticism. He’s still on his rookie deal. The problem is between his ears IMO. Maybe a change of scenery is needed. 

Unfortunately there's ample film of him being terrible on an NFL field. I'd rather draft a 6th or 7th round rookie than trade the pick for someone who has already proven himself terrible.

• Pie 4

33 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's pretty wild how terrible this franchise has been at drafting WRs.

By far the best WR in franchise history was a mid-round pick drafted in large part for his abilities as a returner. 

Yeah there has been a fundamental break down at either the scouting process or the development stage on our WRs.

There has been atleast 6-7 1st or 2nd round WRs that have been busts that we have drafted. Then you compare the amount of WRs other teams have drafted in the later rounds that have been studs there is something we are doing wrong. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

For all those that want to dump Thielen, he is number 5 on this list. Tell me again why we should cut him loose.  He is Ricky Proehl 2.0, and unless you have someone else to fill the ‘move the chains on third down’ role, he has a spot on the roster this upcoming season.

Edited by bythenbrs
  • Pie 2

3 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

For all those that want to dump Thielen, he is number 5 on this list. Tell me again why we should cut him loose.  He is Ricky Proehl 2.0, and unless you have someone else to fill the ‘move the chains on third down’ role, he has a spot on the roster this upcoming season.

You make a great point, I just get pissed about his end of season comments that he made public about not wanting to be part of a rebuild. That alone makes me want to cut him, although logically it makes much more sense to sign the best available WR in free agency to be our number 1, draft a WR with out 2nd round pick (basically a 1st), keep Mingo and Adam

19 minutes ago, 0kBoomer said:

Yeah there has been a fundamental break down at either the scouting process or the development stage on our WRs.

There has been atleast 6-7 1st or 2nd round WRs that have been busts that we have drafted. Then you compare the amount of WRs other teams have drafted in the later rounds that have been studs there is something we are doing wrong. 

It's not the scouts.  It's who makes the decisions on who to draft. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

I think it's development. Feels like guys are as good as they get when they walk in the door. We don't seem to be able to elevate any WRs, nor ever design schemes that maximize their abilities (outside of like Ginn and Cam which seems less about coaching and more just how well their skillsets fit).

• Pie 2