• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TMJ and Chark were terrible.

0kBoomer

It seemed Chark put his big boy pants on the last couple games of the season. I'd sign him two a one year deal again with an option for 2-3 if he keeps those pants on.

I hope we can get a #1 in FA or a miracle draft pick. I don't think the WR free agent market is setting the world on fire this year tho.

16 hours ago, DrowsyJungle said:

It seemed Chark put his big boy pants on the last couple games of the season. I'd sign him two a one year deal again with an option for 2-3 if he keeps those pants on.

I hope we can get a #1 in FA or a miracle draft pick. I don't think the WR free agent market is setting the world on fire this year tho.

Yep. He's worth keeping around on a cheap 1-year prove it deal and being our WR3.

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, mav1234 said:

TMJ may not make the final roster but he isn't a pre camp cut imo. 

I think we should let Theilen go to a competitor if he wants to...

I agree, it isn’t as if he is part of long term plans. Set him free if he wants to go, but to the AFC. The team should get some type of compensation if possible. Business is business.

12 minutes ago, frankw said:

I mean did he do well? He was 48th out of 50 in YAC...

And he was force fed the ball due to lack of other options. I wouldn’t be against trading him to a contender and letting Mingo play his natural position in the slot.

58 minutes ago, frankw said:

He was 11th in receptions and 15th in targets of course his yards / catch were low as was his tds.  But is it his fault young has horrible accuracy on deeper throws even during his alabama days.  As putrid as the offense was he was one of the bright spots, and apparently was 5th in the nfl in getting open against man coverage.

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Yac was never going to be his role.  He was supposed to be the guy who could get open, pick up some key first downs, make the clutch catch.  Think Ricky Proehl or Jericho Cotchery.  Instead, he essentially became the top target because he was the only one that could get open and catch the ball consistently.  

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, fanpanther said:

Thielen did this well with young imagine what he would do with a decent nfl qb

probably a double edge sword for Theilen.  This isn't' what he came here for.   But a good O probably doesn't have much of a role for him.  He isn't suite for the outside.  And a good team isn't going to use him in the slot.  He is too slow and limits the upside there. 

He could go to a good O and occupy a small O.  Ricky Prohel like.  Ricky delivered in big moments but he was never a big part of that Super Bowl O. 

On 2/8/2024 at 12:58 AM, frankw said:

What a totally weird stat to fixate on for an old possession receiver playing with a bad rookie qb.

They did play terrible. Unless I’m getting a 3rd though I find it hard to part with theilen.  We have to put some type of product on the field worth watching. Even if it’s only 5-6 wins I’m not prepared for another 2 win season. 

• Pie 1