• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stroud defends Young

MechaZain

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

People can’t handle opposite opinions, especially when they come from a valid sources. 

I'm not confident in Bryce. Never liked the pick. Didn't like trading up. 

But I've got no idea who "they" are and how it's sad to here a reasonable opinion from his peer.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, BrisbanePanther said:

I wish Ickey wasn't from NC. Then we'd get people being more honest about how he's been very not good. Who cares about situation. He was picked high enough to be the unstoppable anchor for a decade. Too many excuses for him.

I am a Wake fan, so I have no problem saying bad things about about players from NCSU/UNC/Duke.  🙂

Personally, I don't care where he was drafted.  Draft position ceases to matter once the draft is over.  He is ours and we need to make the best use we can out of him.  Ickey is a great power running game run blocker.  In a smash mouth situation, there are few that can handle him.  As a pass blocker, he leaves a lot to be desired.  He either improves this year or we do something else with him (move him to guard, trade him or whatever is best for the team.  

2 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

Donnelly has a different take on this than most. He says it's trash talk of the best kind and the Panthers' players need to take Stroud saying the team sucks personally.

GM basically said it too.  Ignoring the guys in the room and saying they needed players like JStew and all the old dudes 

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, Donald LaFell said:

I wouldn’t expect anything different. Glad they are both friends and have been able to ascend to some of the highest levels of football together. 

Nothing in the past matters though, draft position or college tape. Stroud is much better which is why he’s having to defend Young. Let’s hope Young gets better but this offseason is going to be agonizing with all the “coach speak” about how much better he can be. It’s so much more likely that he’s going to fail. 

Even if he can play decently he will be the weak link. No coach wants to start a match in a QB deficit. Wasting that much time and energy working around one guys limitations just because the owner gambled on him? Nah. He'd be a good Kyle Allen/Teddy type backup maybe

21 minutes ago, csx said:

I'm not confident in Bryce. Never liked the pick. Didn't like trading up. 

But I've got no idea who "they" are and how it's sad to here a reasonable opinion from his peer.

Oh I wanted Stroud, still like him as a player and I completely understand people having concerns about Bryce. I am curious to see what Bryce can do with an actual decent offense around him though. People get too attached one way or another. Hopefully Young turns it around, if not we just find another QB. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Oh I wanted Stroud, still like him as a player and I completely understand people having concerns about Bryce. I am curious to see what Bryce can do with an actual decent offense around him though. People get too attached one way or another. Hopefully Young turns it around, if not we just find another QB. 

I'd like to see a cross section of the people who made the "keep swinging, failure won't setbus back" and "we've been set back 6 years" argument.

I think there is overlap.

3 hours ago, jfra78 said:

So you're saying a qb picked 1 overall needs the same talent level as one picked 262?

I am saying a person who was picked 262 can succeed if given the tools to be successful, while a person picked #1 will fail without the tools. 

Are you saying that a QB picked #1 does not need talent or weapons around him?

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I am saying a person who was picked 262 can succeed if given the tools to be successful, while a person picked #1 will fail without the tools. 

What's the point of picking a qb at 1 if you still need the talent level of SF in order to be successful 

• Pie 2

17 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Stroud made lesser known FAs, young  and rookie.players look great. None were high draft picks.

• Pie 1

What’s funny to me is, his friend stole the chance for his chip on my shoulder game against the team that passed you over. 

He has to be nice and not say fug them they should have picked me and I am going to show them. 

9 hours ago, jfra78 said:

What's the point of picking a qb at 1 if you still need the talent level of SF in order to be successful 

We are past the draft, and now we have to play the cards we dealt ourselves--We had a #1 draft pick QB and we did not give him the tools either.  His career lasted about 8 years and he was 6-5 250.  Any small QB needs to protected and any QB needs people who can get open.  It is like those elite musicians who play the triangle. You need all three sides--QB, Pass catchers, Pass protectors--to make the most harmonious music ever heard by mankind. 
Happy Get Down GIF by ForHonorGame

Edited by MHS831