• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chicago sun times: Julius Peppers selected to hall of fame

Couldn't find a YT clip but the 4:09 mark of this 'Longest plays that didn't score' video, where Pep is even the thumbnail,  has his 99 yd interception return vs Denver in 2004. Wish they had him busting his ass to shove Plummer out at the goal line the play before as well.

https://m.facebook.com/NFLThrowback/videos/the-nfls-longest-plays-that-didnt-score/484332435495335/

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, lumbeecheraw75 said:

just happened to be at the game and happened to catch his first sack in full potato glory. One of my al time favorite Heels and one of top 2 Panthers for me. Met him at a signing in Cary at Jared's in 2004, his signature was the last of of the 03 DL that I got (amongst a few others from 04 Training camp)

pep_signing.thumb.jpg.546fb6ddc07348e22f90d1127e67abcc.jpg

I have the exact same ball signed by Pep, that’s a bit weird 

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, countryboi said:

The way Chicago is trying to claim Julius Peppers  as one of their own. Absolutely not, we are not claiming that devil 

They can try but I’m pretty sure he goes in as a panther. 

• Pie 1

I do think most NFL fans primarily associate him with the Panthers being that he was drafted here, went to the SB here, and ultimately finished his career here. But with that said, the Bears and the Packers have a lot more national relevance than the Panthers so I wouldn't be shocked if there's quite a few people who envision Peppers in one of those jerseys when they first think of him. Hell, even after all these years when I hear Julius Peppers' name I think UNC after all, the drafting of Julius Peppers is what ultimately made me a Panthers fan to begin with.

• Pie 1

I think most rightfully equate Peppers as a Panther.  Drafted here, finished here.....majority of his HOF production here. 

But we claim Kevin Greene.  So it's not like we don't do the same thing. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1