• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Awesome fuging trade deadline

t96

Hard not to consider every single move a win. Terry is a great scorer but to some degree an empty stats kinda guy with terrible defense and his age/contract didn't fit our timeline at all so to get a 1st and expiring for him was a win. Gordon my god you couldn't find a more worthless player the last couple years and we got 3 NBA caliber players (important considering we have been playing plenty of non-NBA caliber players lately, and one of those was a recent mid 1st rounder who has legit upside) and a few picks. PJ is just so inconsistent and I think both sides benefit from a change of scenery. That 2027 first we got is only top 2 protected and could be an incredible asset, and nice to bring Seth home. Grant Williams, although I can't stand the guy and didn't want us to touch him this off-season when it was rumored, will bring some defensive intensity and probably a welcome change to the culture in the locker room -- one of actually caring about winning rather than indifference. 

And love or hate Miles, he's a damn stud on the court and if we had traded him to the Suns for peanuts it would've been a completely retarded basketball decision. I still suspect he is traded in the next year or 2 but it'd be a sign and trade where we will get much more in return than if we traded him now.

Really can't complain about any of these moves and it sounds like we'll have new front office and HC after the season. A fresh start for the team with new ownership and a lot of great pieces to build around in the next 2-3 years. Do I expect to be contending next year? Nope, but in 2-3 years I can see us finally being a consistent top 6 seed in the East and actually threaten to win a playoff series for the first time in many fans' lifetimes... Hopefully guys can stay healthy but we do truly have an exciting group of young talent in Miller, Melo, Mark, Miles and will have a high lottery pick next year to add to it plus a stash of 1st round picks coming up after that to trade or use. 

It's been a terrible season so far for many reasons but I do think the future looks very bright here and this excellent trade deadline is a great start.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

We got 2 future almost unprotected firsts and Micic and Mann for players that dont' move a needle in Rozier, Hayward and PJ

Only bad part was taking back Grant Williams contract, but at least he can play in the rotation and is still young. Maybe with an expanded role he goes back to his Celtics form

• Pie 1

first game with the new acquisitions seems to support this notion... didn't get to watch it but all the new guys performed great on the stat sheet except Curry who just didn't attempt many shots.

The Serbian guy (Micic?) was incredible and Williams played hard with defensive intensity and success. Mann looked really good as did Bertans. We know what Curry will provide. With the future ones and the quality depth we now have, we definitely cleaned up at the deadline.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, MechaZain said:

#1 defense since the trade deadline. Can't believe I'm saying this but they gotta consider picking up the team option on Clifford next year if the team finishes strong

lol I think the last few games scoring like 25 in each first half has shown that Clifford has to go regardless. Respect the dude but he's just not the coach this team needs. Glad to see the D playing better but it's been at the significant expense of scoring. We need a coach who can figure out both and actually develop our guys. Clifford has never been known for young player development

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

17 hours ago, t96 said:

lol I think the last few games scoring like 25 in each first half has shown that Clifford has to go regardless. Respect the dude but he's just not the coach this team needs. Glad to see the D playing better but it's been at the significant expense of scoring. We need a coach who can figure out both and actually develop our guys. Clifford has never been known for young player development

How much more can we expect with Mark and LaMelo in street clothes all year? We aren’t contending without them. Now that we’re playing defense well I definitely think it’s worth seeing Clifford’s offense with the core back together. 

I’m with you on player development though. I wouldn’t rush to re-sign him but I do think it’s on the table now and I wouldn’t have said that a month ago.