• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We've picked an ok time to suck ass but we need to embrace a full rebuild and be ready to compete in 3-4 years

t96

Chiefs run the league and will continue to do so for at least 3-4 years -- their elite #1 defense has a ton of key contributors on rookie contracts which gives them the cap space to add some more WR help soon without really losing anyone and they'll be a real juggernaut. But that won't last forever and we need to be ready to compete/contend in 3-4 years when they have to start letting a lot of their talent walk and when Kelce/Reid will be much closer to retirement if not retiring at that point.

So Tepper, don't interfere and let the new GM/HC do what they need to do to build this team up for that timing. If we suck the next 2 years it's completely fine as long as we are building the roster the right way and making strides. This is the exact time that Tepper needs to have real patience. 

• Pie 1

so the really bad part: we are light overall talent. outside the QB, we have really huge holes. OLine, yuck, Dline is not terrible but is about to be depleted or overpaid. the secondary eh, lb are eh too. then the RB is JAG and WR are not even that.

we are miles off. now if we had reid, spags, baby goat....... maybe we max out in rnd 2. otherwise we are really not close to the last 8 teams, much less the 2 here tonight.

i would say san fran has second stringers that would start and play well here from their Dline, WR, RB, Oline, and secondary. KC has 2 good lines and a good DB group that has 2nd stringers that start here. 

we are that far off.

38 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This year honestly needs to be all about evaluating Bryce. Is he the guy or not. You need an answer by the end of this year. I have a strong inkling to what that answer is gonna be, but Tepper has to GTFO of the way and let the football people make that call.

Can he do what Mahomes did tonight? Can he put a team on his back on the biggest stage and drag them across the finish line? If no you need to keep looking. Because we just saw a really good game manager on a STACKED team come up short because the other team had a dude. It's really that simply. You have a dude or you need to be looking for a dude.

well he's not the guy but at least when we see that this year we'll get a high pick in 2025. Not sure what that QB class looks like though...

only disagreement is you can't compare any QB we have to Mahomes or expect him to be anywhere near Mahomes. I'd be thrilled to find a guy a tier below, build out the rest of the roster and get a franchise QB even if he's not completely elite.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, chbright said:

so the really bad part: we are light overall talent. outside the QB, we have really huge holes. OLine, yuck, Dline is not terrible but is about to be depleted or overpaid. the secondary eh, lb are eh too. then the RB is JAG and WR are not even that.

we are miles off. now if we had reid, spags, baby goat....... maybe we max out in rnd 2. otherwise we are really not close to the last 8 teams, much less the 2 here tonight.

i would say san fran has second stringers that would start and play well here from their Dline, WR, RB, Oline, and secondary. KC has 2 good lines and a good DB group that has 2nd stringers that start here. 

we are that far off.

3-4 years is plenty of time to turn things around though, that's why it was so critical to get the right GM/HC hires this year. I'm not sold on who we chose but will give them a chance. Seriously things can change so much in 3-4 years in this league.

To have a dynasty franchise, you need generational/hall of fame players like the Chiefs and Patriots did. The Panthers are a long ways from even making the playoffs. We actually had a window of opportunity in generational talent like Cam and Luke. But we had an average coaching staff unlike Reid and Belichek. 

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

To have a dynasty franchise, you need generational/hall of fame players like the Chiefs and Patriots did. The Panthers are a long ways from even making the playoffs. We actually had a window of opportunity in generational talent like Cam and Luke. But we had an average coaching staff unlike Reid and Belichek. 

We also picked a hell of a year to go against the Sheriff riding off into the sunset tour. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Hell, we can't do anything but build from the ground up. That's the position that Fitterer, Rhule and Tepper has left us in. We may have a cornerstone still standing in Derrick6 Brown, but it looks like an F4 tore through the team.

I think that we should begin to see a semblance of a competitive team in 2025 and by 2026 we need to be competing for divisional championships again. 

I'm really not worried about Mahomes or KC---I'd love to meet them in the Super Bowl. They're obviously going to be the standard for a while. To be the man, you gotta beat the man. That's always true. My thing is that we have wasted time fumbling around in the NFCS which was prime for the taking the last couple of years. That window won't stay open forever. That's where the opportunity costs have really stuck out like a sore thumb.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This year honestly needs to be all about evaluating Bryce. Is he the guy or not. You need an answer by the end of this year. I have a strong inkling to what that answer is gonna be, but Tepper has to GTFO of the way and let the football people make that call.

Can he do what Mahomes did tonight? Can he put a team on his back on the biggest stage and drag them across the finish line? If no you need to keep looking. Because we just saw a really good game manager on a STACKED team come up short because the other team had a dude. It's really that simply. You have a dude or you need to be looking for a dude.

Or you have to hope you are the Nick Foles/Trent Dilfer.

4 hours ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

I have stated and believe we will not see a winning record this decade. 

It will take acceptance of our situation and to finally start evaluating talent properly in the draft to dig out of this hole. There is really no other way for us to ascend the ladder than that. 

Our owner is pure poison so attracting top coaches or talent is going to become more and more difficult.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Or you have to hope you are the Nick Foles/Trent Dilfer.

Think it would take a miracle for him to live up to the Mahomes and Brees comparisons but championship game manager is still very attainable. There's an argument to be made that he always has been.