• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The CAP is now $255.4 MILLION….. now pay Burns, Brown, Luvu and let’s get this ship righted

TheBigKat

This is actually better for us on the Burns situation - non-exclusive tag him....teams are more likely to give him $30M which means TWO FIRST ROUND PICKS FOR US.  We have to build this team to win in 2-3 years, not 2024.....there is ZERO chance we can gather enough assets this offseason....we need picks and cash for 2025.  This would solve both issues

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, musicman said:

What the higher cap should mean is we can pay for more B+/A- level guys. I really don't believe we have so many talented guys that when one of your top 3 guys is out, you can overcome it. Remember when CMC went down. I believe having a lot of solid players is better, stronger depth. Luvu is a perfect example. More guys like him making good money (not great) so we can spread the wealth out and have many good players, not just 1 or 2 great ones. 

Although I agree having more money means you can get better talent, everyone has more money now - which means there will be LESS talent available for us to get.  The two scenarios will cancel each other out....not much changed for us truthfully.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Did you ignore when I changed my tune on Higgins early in the season?

I clearly said the way Bryce was playing and the fact that there are other teams with better QBs literally will take us out of the Higgins in FA pipedream.

Once again you don't pay attention. I always said trading for Higgins was our best chance to land him.

Cmon my guy you can't always be right.

So.... a couple things.....

First, despite you believing I do... I don't stalk your posts and track everything you say on here.  But when I see the nonsense, I call it out and you get frustrated over it.  So even if you did change your tune on Higgins at some point, I never saw it, but it's still a moot point as you still missed the point in this post here.

Because, second... you said the way Bryce was playing took us out of the Higgins FA pipe dream and how trading for Higgins was our "best chance" to land him.

No, it was our ONLY chance, because there was ever going to be a FA pipe dream because he was never going to hit free agency, he was always going to be tagged and traded, that was never even a discussion.

However, with this unexpected cap increase, now they may just tag him and keep him for one more SB run with him, or even try to find a way to sign him to an extension because of it.

2 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

This is actually better for us on the Burns situation - non-exclusive tag him....teams are more likely to give him $30M which means TWO FIRST ROUND PICKS FOR US.  We have to build this team to win in 2-3 years, not 2024.....there is ZERO chance we can gather enough assets this offseason....we need picks and cash for 2025.  This would solve both issues

I think it's more realistic that we tag and trade rather than non-exclusive tag him.  I don't know of any team that has an appetite for giving 2 1st rounders and Burns the $$$ he wants.  I may be totally wrong, but we aren't talking about an elite QB here (who had shown multiple seasons of being great).

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Rocky Davis said:

I think it's more realistic that we tag and trade rather than non-exclusive tag him.  I don't know of any team that has an appetite for giving 2 1st rounders and Burns the $$$ he wants.  I may be totally wrong, but we aren't talking about an elite QB here (who had shown multiple seasons of being great).

You can still tag and trade from the non-exclusive tag - the power there is it allows him and us to get a realistic value for him.  Right now he is stuck on $30M....if he knows no one will give him that he may back down to a more realistic number and we can extend.  

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Well, I am not sure that paying our best players from a 2-15 team is going to right the ship.  However, we have a bad roster with some very good players at the top.  That cap money spends in free agency as well.  In my opinion, Luvu could walk to chase that big payday.  He is good, but he was good at his salary.  Is he elite?  Not in my opinion.  If he is cheap, pay him.   Burns is more likely to be tagged or traded.  Brown needs top DT dollars.

The 2001 roster was probably about as bad, and yet we kept a number of players from it and ended up in the Superbowl two years later.  

We had a bad team this year, but we shouldn't throw away every one just because we had a bad team.  

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

So.... a couple things.....

First, despite you believing I do... I don't stalk your posts and track everything you say on here.  But when I see the nonsense, I call it out and you get frustrated over it.  So even if you did change your tune on Higgins at some point, I never saw it, but it's still a moot point as you still missed the point in this post here.

Because, second... you said the way Bryce was playing took us out of the Higgins FA pipe dream and how trading for Higgins was our "best chance" to land him.

No, it was our ONLY chance, because there was ever going to be a FA pipe dream because he was never going to hit free agency, he was always going to be tagged and traded, that was never even a discussion.

However, with this unexpected cap increase, now they may just tag him and keep him for one more SB run with him, or even try to find a way to sign him to an extension because of it.

Never said you stalk my post. I said you choose to ignore some of the things I say. It's not cool to lie on me and think I won't take issue with it. If you quote me at least tell the entire truth.

As for your point you are correct they franchised him you said it. I have no problem saying you were right when you actually said it.

14 minutes ago, RJK said:

Not wanting to pay a situational pass rusher 30 mill a year isn’t hate. It’s just common sense 

You questioned his leadership seems disrespectful because you are not in the locker room.

I can see if he quit on the team, but dude played hurt all season. His issue seems to be about money not the team.

22 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You questioned his leadership seems disrespectful because you are not in the locker room.

I can see if he quit on the team, but dude played hurt all season. His issue seems to be about money not the team.

I question the leadership of the entire franchise, it’s pretty obvious there aren’t any “leaders” in the room and nobody is held accountable. The panthers fall to the worst franchise in the NFL tells that story without me having to be in the locker room. It’s just common sense to not overpay anyone currently on this league worst roster 

Edited by RJK
  • Pie 1

20 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He “played hurt” or “not to get hurt?”

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, RJK said:

I question the leadership of the entire franchise, it’s pretty obvious there aren’t any “leaders” in the room and nobody is held accountable. The panthers fall to the worst franchise in the NFL tells that story without me having to be in the locker room. It’s just common sense to not overpay anyone currently on this league worse roster 

I'm guessing you never played sports. Every team has a leader or leaders. 

We don't have captains just because. Just because we suck doesn't mean there are no leaders in the locker room.

6 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I'm guessing you never played sports. Every team has a leader or leaders. 

We don't have captains just because. Just because we suck doesn't mean there are no leaders in the locker room.

Come On Please GIF by NBA