• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canales "I'd like to take the pressure off the quarterback to be a part of what the offense is doing rather than a feature of it"

rayzor

32 minutes ago, PanthersGTI said:

I mean Sean Payton says the same thing....your QB needs to do his part and make a couple of special plays a game. Canals even directly quoted this when talking about his philsophy.  People are so obtuse.

He is saying : Im going to design the offense to work for Bryce and I then need him to operate it without feeling like you HAVE to carry it and then trying to play hero ball. 

Payton says a lot. Especially the one that didn’t want Wilson 

Brees wasn’t just one of 1 of 11 making a couple plays a game.  Brees threw for 5000+ yards in single season….a literal half decade.  No one in NFL history is even close to that comical passing load so many seasons.   Brady and Peyton combined have 3 seasons hitting 5k. 

• Pie 4

I get what he is saying, at least what I hear.  Last year, I was dumbfounded by the positions we put Bryce in.  He hardly had any rollouts or taking snaps under center.  We put him in the same position on every play.  4th and short, line him up with an empty backfield.  We made it harder on ourselves and easier on the defense.

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, BullCityP said:

To all the Bryce haters please name me ONE "elite" QB carrying his team with weapons and line equivalent to the ones we have here and I will shut up. Don't worry I'll wait 

You can flip that. Watch: Which WR Group has a worse QB throwing to them? 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1

On 2/27/2024 at 6:14 PM, CamWhoaaCam said:

Show me don't tell me.

I fell for the Frank hype last offseason. I'm done with hope. 

If he's the guy he will prove it. Wish him luck. Not going to down the guy. I'll let this one play out.

I never really fell for the Frank hype, something seemed off about the hire and now we know why. 

I was not impressed with the Rhule hire as well, simply because of the stupid looking smock he wore at Baylor. 

I have a better feeling about Canalas. Hopefully his coaching staff will be one cohesive unit. 

• Pie 2

On 3/2/2024 at 9:37 AM, strato said:

You can flip that. Watch: Which WR Group has a worse QB throwing to them? 

yeah I think alot of people have an agenda & in the process fail to look at both sides of the equation...just saying

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, BullCityP said:

No one wants to answer my question tho lol

no offense 

You are very late to the party 

this topic has been discussed ad nauseam in the forum including your take 

The veteran huddlers are sick of the discussion   

Opinions vary 

no matter the takes, the Panthers are stuck with Minnie Mouse until the 2024 season ends 

hopefully the HC can make him serviceable….and serviceable is a pathetic goal for a number 1 pick   Not his fault they chose him. They should have known better. The flags were there. They have only themselves to blame

as I shared before, when Bill Parcells was asked about Young and the size outlier he said ‘he better walk on water’.   I haven’t seen a lot of ‘water walking’.

Edited by raleigh-panther

To your question, it is sort of a strawman.

On 3/2/2024 at 9:13 AM, BullCityP said:

To all the Bryce haters please name me ONE "elite" QB carrying his team with weapons and line equivalent to the ones we have here and I will shut up. Don't worry I'll wait 

I wouldn’t know how to start figuring trhat equation, and it doesn’t matter. It matters what HE is doing. 

I could tell you why Not to take him within 30 minutes of video time. Less. 

It is his arm and his speed and his footwork (I laughingly refer to it as footwork). 

Let’s just get to the nitty gritty of Bryce. The QB. The issue. Maybe I should ask you to explain why you think he can be an All Pro or a winning QB in the NFL.

Wouldn’t that be a much better thing to see here than some guess about some QB and some WRs that don’t freaking matter? 

I bet Everyone would love to see this:

your words, your points from what You have seen from this player. Positive. Not blaming others for anything. Stick to the player. 

Tell us why others should listen to the Bryce stans, from a Bryce stan.

That’s what we need to see to maybe have a little hope. The hope I havce for him rises to ab out 7-10, 9-8, AT BEST. That is With all those things y'all say he needs to succeed.