• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DangerRuss is cut

1 minute ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I mean, he’s definitely not going to dupe another team into giving him a similar contract to that one but I don’t think his ego will allow him to play for vet minimum, and anything more is too expensive for us which is what I was saying. I’m guessing he won’t accept anything lower than what the highest paid backup is getting. 

We'll see what happens, but that's not what I've been hearing for the last couple of weeks. He may get more than vet minimum, but it will be an obvious discount---money that anyone can afford. The team I've heard being suggested a lot is the Steelers. According to some, he's a natural fit for Arthur Brown's play-action-dominated scheme which could make him "DangeRuss" once again.

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

We'll see what happens, but that's not what I've been hearing for the last couple of weeks. He may get more than vet minimum, but it will be an obvious discount---money that anyone can afford. The team I've heard being suggested a lot is the Steelers. According to some, he's a natural fit for Arthur Brown's play-action-dominated scheme which could make him "DangeRuss" once again.

He also has some big targets he could chuck that ball up in the air to that could possibly come down with it in Pittsburg.

3 minutes ago, djp14 said:

He'd make a good backup for Kyler Murray.

too big of a rah rah personality to put behind someone that plays call of duty all day.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

51 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Pittsburgh would be a good fit but I get the feeling he's rub Tomlin the wrong way pretty quickly.

They publicly seem to be leaking that Pickett will be given another shot. No idea why. He's basically a backup QB. 

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

We don't have a team built to be any more successful than Denver was. At best he's a one year rental and what exactly does that even accomplish?

Sure, he'd immediately be the best QB since Cam but with the "talent" we have assembled, what does that lead to? 6 wins? 7? For what? 

No more quick fixes. This ship is listing over and has more holes in the hull than a wheel of swiss cheese. Just let this sink, accumulate draft capital over the next few seasons and finally do what we should have in 2018.....go through a complete rebuild.

I actually think Dalton is the better option for winning now.  I like Wilson because he's more of a direct comparison to Young (allegedly) and the familiarity would help develop Canales. No team is going to scheme around him like he wants. We just happen to be building a Russell Wilson inspired scheme already for Bryce.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Pittsburgh would be a good fit but I get the feeling he's rub Tomlin the wrong way pretty quickly.

They publicly seem to be leaking that Pickett will be given another shot. No idea why. He's basically a backup QB. 

Fields seems to have good locker room support and likability from the Bears.  It's not like a Caleb Williams personality Tomlin would be dealing with. 

*Fields would be a dream compared to some of the folks Tomlin has had to manage. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Fields seems to have good locker room support and likability from the Bears.  It's not like a Caleb Williams personality Tomlin would be dealing with. 

*Fields would be a dream compared to some of the folks Tomlin has had to manage. 

That's great but he's also a backup tier player. Fields just is not a guy.

2 hours ago, SOJA said:

can't decide if the Panthers trade up to one (and giving up the first overall pick in the process) or the Broncos trade was worse. 

Broncos.  Because in addition to the picks they paid Wilson a trillion billion dollars....and now have to eat that dead money. 

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, CRA said:

Broncos.  Because in addition to the picks they paid Wilson a trillion billion dollars....and now have to eat that dead money. 

thanks for making me feel better CRA

On 3/4/2024 at 4:40 PM, *FreeFua* said:

35 year old Russ > Bryce Young

52 year old russ > bryce young 

Lol seriously russel is not good anymore but bryce young is trying to become better than undrafted rookie fa s .  Panthers will have no serious competition for him this year. 

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

That's great but he's also a backup tier player. Fields just is not a guy.

100% agree its like bc he can run the media hypes him nonstop.  His stats are garbage passing wise with a good defense and good weapons.  He just doesnt win.  

• Beer 1