• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers will have trouble building roster for 2024

4 minutes ago, Tbe said:

It’s going to be very hard to evaluate him fully. The OL will be the same with maybe better receivers.

He’s not going to get a serviceable team around him for another 3 years at least.

I don't think it will be as hard to evaluate him. The easiest thing to look at is has he worked on his atrocious footwork during the offseason. If he hasn't or it's been a minimal improvement, I think that will tell us a lot going forward. 

• Pie 1

At least many of you are grasping length of the path to being competitive again.  There still seemed to be those thinking we are a big  free agent or 2 and a second rd WR draft away. 

Ps.....Chris Jones and Calvin Ridley are not in our plans

Edited by csx
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I don't think it will be as hard to evaluate him. The easiest thing to look at is has he worked on his atrocious footwork during the offseason. If he hasn't or it's been a minimal improvement, I think that will tell us a lot going forward. 

This. If his footwork hasn't improved dramatically and he still just doesn't look like he belongs on an NFL field in terms of sheer physical traits, then whether we want to admit it or not we know. It would just be a question of of we're willing to swallow our pride and move on or continue with this charade.

9 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Footwork matters but a lot of guys have good footwork and still suck.

We need to see what he can do when the OL can hold up for 3 seconds and WRs can get open.

We’re not going to see that next year.

22 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Yea, which is way I think this "rebuild" will take 5 years rather than 3. 

Yea...I was being conservative ...which is why I said it should of been underway 5 years ago...we should be the undisputed kings of the south division by now... its clear Dippers are stringing us along with talk only to make their money....they got none from me....I'll just follow along.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Young's average time before a pass is 2.89 seconds, 10th-longest. He has held onto the ball an average of 2.84 seconds when blitzed, sixth-longest.

...what are  you saying....nobody open....he takes to long to decide where to go with the ball...nervous feet?... ball has to come out at the 2 second mark at the latest.

Im trying not to let myself look at this roster the same way as in other years.  They don’t need to try to address every position group this year.

I would pay one good FA guard or center in the early stages.  Target a WR with pick 33.  Go bpa in the rest of draft and use whatever cap is left to sign 1 to 2 year deals to fill out roster

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

I thought it would be a 3 year rebuild, but Ive changed. I believe it will be 5 full years. 40+/- players, giant ? at QB, and bare min young talent....... I dont see how its possible in 3 years unless miracles happen. I mean the NFC south HAS to get better during this 5year rebuild too. Falcons are one good QB and HC form owning the division. Saints keep drafting great and will fired allen once his spell wears off. TB has another 2 years before they need to blow it up and fired their HC too. Still owe bears the 33rd in 2025 as well.....

Morgan has taken over a expansion team in 2024 and hired his bro to fix the least talent team. Even if they start doing the right moves and drafting well, its still going to take yearS. 

Didn't this expansion team make it to a NFC title game on year two?

Cleaner play will fix a lot of our problems.

Create an offensive scheme that fits the players on the roster, drop the weakest links.  I think Bozeman would entertain a restructure to back-up pay rather than be cut outright.  If we can avoid his roster bonus he is good three position depth.  We need to draft a center and sign a guard.

Draft a wide receiver and take a shot on a few FA's to compete.  I like Donovan Peoples Jones and KJ Obourne.

TE may be hard to fill but adding Will Dissey and or Colby Parkinson.

Extend Moton to free up cap room.

Defense, Sign Luvu and extend Brown.  Tag and trade Burns or pay him.  Either way we need clarity prior to the draft.

We could surprise if we are smart this time.  Last year was the model of an inefficient franchise.  Reboot 3.0 KEEP POUNDING!!!! 

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, BeenPounding said:

Didn't this expansion team make it to a NFC title game on year two?

Cleaner play will fix a lot of our problems.

Create an offensive scheme that fits the players on the roster, drop the weakest links.  I think Bozeman would entertain a restructure to back-up pay rather than be cut outright.  If we can avoid his roster bonus he is good three position depth.  We need to draft a center and sign a guard.

Draft a wide receiver and take a shot on a few FA's to compete.  I like Donovan Peoples Jones and KJ Obourne.

TE may be hard to fill but adding Will Dissey and or Colby Parkinson.

Extend Moton to free up cap room.

Defense, Sign Luvu and extend Brown.  Tag and trade Burns or pay him.  Either way we need clarity prior to the draft.

We could surprise if we are smart this time.  Last year was the model of an inefficient franchise.  Reboot 3.0 KEEP POUNDING!!!! 

Good optimistic post here.

Even If they (somehow) do what you listed= 4 wins max and still years away.

No hopium for me this time, but atlas Im a super fan and will keep pounding during this rebuilding era.

• Pie 2

Pretty obvious we need to blow this thing up completely. Fire sale and start over, no "keep muh building blocks". You're broke, you're out of options, ugly, and drunk.....go home. 

I trade everyone. Moton and Brown included if the price is right. 

Edited by Panthero
  • Pie 1