• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Tradewinds & FA News

40 minutes ago, GarthMcGrath said:

But yes if you do draft the QB it sends a message to Bryce that we are not 100% confident in you, and that could be detrimental. So I take it back. Do not draft a QB. But if they did, man that would be very interesting.

If he can't take the pressure of a 2nd or 3rd rounder pushing him he ain't it anyway. It's not like Bama wasn't recruiting the best QBs they could get to sign every year.

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Vikings are picking a QB at #11, no question.  Now we need to know where Justin Fields is landing.

I saw an article recently that said if Cousins walks to expect them to sign Sam Darnold to start. That was a quality chuckle.

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I saw an article recently that said if Cousins walks to expect them to sign Sam Darnold to start. That was a quality chuckle.

Surely that's a stop-gap measure and not a permanent solution.  That would not preclude them for drafting a QB, though.  They have to know Darnold will just good enough to keep them from the top of the draft board for the next season or two, so drafting a QB should still be in the plans this April.  Plus, that give the rookie a chance to sit if need be.

Just now, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

We're not getting Pittman, Ridley, or Higgins. Enjoy 2024, gents.

If anyone thinks we are drafting anything other than a WR in the second round, they are delusional.  Heck, even with only six picks, it's very likely we double dip at WR in the draft.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

And the Broncos paying Russ like $38M 

Yeah, he was able to take the minimum to go to the Steelers, which isn’t a bad call at all. Heck, if he took more, the Broncos might have a clause to claw some back. If that’s the case, I would give my new team the full discount.

4 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

We're not getting Pittman, Ridley, or Higgins. Enjoy 2024, gents.

If not Pittman, I’m fine with passing on the other two unless the money was team-friendly, which it wouldn’t be. 

Edited by ECHornet

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

#IncomingHotTakeAlert

Don't be surprised if Higgins is a bust elsewhere.

I’m a Clemson fan but if he comes here, he will absolutely be a bust. He’s not on the top tier level. He’s a top tier WR2, not a WR1 like Chase. He’s obviously a top 32 WR so he would be the top WR for a lot of teams, like us, but I don’t think he’s elite enough to be the top WR on a team like ours (weapons and QB deficient. 

12 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

If anyone thinks we are drafting anything other than a WR in the second round, they are delusional.  Heck, even with only six picks, it's very likely we double dip at WR in the draft.

It'll be more stupidity then. 

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There were reports awhile back that the Pats would go vet for QB. Brissett is in that good backup/marginal starter category. If they're signing him so the #3 overall pick isn't necessarily forced into action if he's not ready and to be a vet mentor that makes a lot of sense. If they're signing him as the answer so they can go WR at #3 that's laughable.

Probably a safety net for the likely scenario that their drafted QB is not really ready in year one. I think that is a reasonable assumption to make.