• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Tradewinds & FA News

1 minute ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

This makes sense, actually. If we are interested (you have to assume we probably are) then why not wait until next offseason when he's on the market? Cincy won't re-sign him; they're looking to make a SB run this year and hoping to get one last year from him.

Unless he outright refuses to play for them and forces a trade I don't think they'll trade him, but they're not looking to keep him long-term either. So he'll very likely be available next year in free agency, at which point we'll have plenty of cap space and hopefully something resembling an actual functional NFL offense to put him in.

I agree, IMO Higgins stock is only going to get lower (see Brian Burns trade value). Makes sense to wait and let Cincy assure their own mutual destruction 

2 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

This makes sense, actually. If we are interested (you have to assume we probably are) then why not wait until next offseason when he's on the market? Cincy won't re-sign him; they're looking to make a SB run this year and hoping to get one last year from him.

Unless he outright refuses to play for them and forces a trade I don't think they'll trade him, but they're not looking to keep him long-term either. So he'll very likely be available next year in free agency, at which point we'll have plenty of cap space and hopefully something resembling an actual functional NFL offense to put him in.

Trading away 2 picks that could very easily end up being two young solid WRs for a guy who wants a big deal makes no sense. If this was a shitty WR draft and we weren’t completely rebuilding, maybe. Right now, with this draft, completely stupid.

This draft reminds me of 2020 when Higgins went 33rd and Pittman was 34th right behind him. Lamb and Jefferson went in the first but Ruggs, Jeudy and Raegor all went before Jefferson.

We have to hit on 33 and 39, but the WR talent in this draft is such that you could possibly come away with both Higgins and Pittman. Then again, we could get Shenault, Hamler, Claypool and Van Jefferson, the next 4 WRs taken in that 2nd round.

• Pie 2