• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Von Bell Released

shaq

Just now, Billy Goat said:

Could be opening up room in 2025 because most deals signed in FA this year will have smaller cap hits for 2024 and bigger in the following seasons.

If thats the case then so be it but it goes down to 2 next season so he is already getting paid for this year and he isnt a bad player.  If they are just taking cap hits for 2024 I am on board with it and hope they do the same with moton.  Just take the damn hit and reassess next off season.  Clean the mess up first and foremost

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If thats the case then so be it but it goes down to 2 next season so he is already getting paid for this year and he isnt a bad player.  If they are just taking cap hits for 2024 I am on board with it and hope they do the same with moton.  Just take the damn hit and reassess next off season.  Clean the mess up first and foremost

They said he is due a $3M roster bonus on Friday, so maybe the dead money is rough but we save overall?  I am struggling to see this too - thought I was understanding how this stuff works but am a little confused now.  

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

They said he is due a $3M roster bonus on Friday, so maybe the dead money is rough but we save overall?  I am struggling to see this too - thought I was understanding how this stuff works but am a little confused now.  

Dead cap is 10m, we would have paid him 13m if he stayed on the roster, so we save 3mil. 

• Pie 2

14 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

They want as little on the books next year as possible no matter the dead money this year 

which is good

New QB next year too most likely 

That is my read as well. Truly bottom out this year and start the rebuild in earnest next year with a new QB. 

• Pie 2

Justin Simmons would be an upgrade and perfect for the system. Not sure if money works but don’t know why we’d do this if there wasn’t a plan already in place… he was more than serviceable last year 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, KBRed said:

I’m guessing these guys aren’t dogs. 

if we are only retaining dogs.....Derrick Brown and Luvu will be playing 2 vs 11 and both ways all game. 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 2