• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC Moore and Burns = Bryce Young, 2nd and 5th round picks.

Eazy-E

Good post and that is the sad truth.  The front office from top to bottom have literally done everything possible to make the fans not care.  Some still will and always will but they have been so abysmal it’s crazy.  

I don’t think there is any way we win more than 2 games next year and we must be tanking.  Have to be.

How do you clearly lose trades over and over.  Hiring from within to expect better results?  Pathetic assholes

Edited by Shocker

5 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Good post and that is the sad truth.  The front office from top to bottom have literally done everything possible to make the fans not care.  Some still will and always will but they have been so abysmal it’s crazy.  

I don’t think there is any way we win more than 2 games next year and we must be tanking.  Have to be.

How do you clearly lose trades over and over.  Hiring from within to expect better results?  Pathetic assholes

I already hate the direction of the NFL and what Goodell has done to the league. David Tepper destroying this franchise in a matter of a few years just pushed me over the edge. There is literally zero entertainment value left.

1 hour ago, Eazy-E said:

I’m at a loss for words. fug you David Tepper and thanks for making it easy to say goodbye to the Panthers and the NFL.

At least I still have the Hurricanes and Hornets to cheer for.

And the hurricanes just actually made TDL moves for once… 

• Pie 1

I think we have made a series of poor decisions but when you say we traded 3 players you have to consider that two were on second contracts and one wanted 30 mil/yr. Bryce and the two picks salaries are a fraction of the others so you would have to list out the players we could afford to pay with that saved money as well. Still doesn’t equal out but it definitely needs to be considered.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, GarthMcGrath said:

I think we have made a series of poor decisions but when you say we traded 3 players you have to consider that two were on second contracts and one wanted 30 mil/yr. Bryce and the two picks salaries are a fraction of the others so you would have to list out the players we could afford to pay with that saved money as well. Still doesn’t equal out but it definitely needs to be considered.

Easier to just wallow in a pit of unending despair.

• Beer 2

On 3/11/2024 at 7:12 PM, Eazy-E said:

By the time we recover from this mess we will either have to pay Bryce Young or look at drafting his replacement. The entire point of having a QB on a rookie contract is being able to pay and retain your high end talent.

This is NFL purgatory and I’m not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Yeah I would think we need to stink this year, trade the number one pick for a haul in 2026 and reset that way. 

On 3/11/2024 at 7:11 PM, Basbear said:

Young AND DJ Johnson........

I still laugh that the panthers, who’d just drafted a QB and spent the world to do it, had a chance to draft the biggest, strongest, blockiest tight end that had ever come out of college. and they just went “nah draft this 27 year old linebacker no one has ever heard of.”

• Beer 1

Trading CMC and NOT trading Burns were defensible moves at the time. 

panthers thought they were close to making the playoffs talent wise, and they were right. Whether that’s just a broken clock being right twice a day is not the main point. 

Wilks wanted to play a certain way and the panthers didn’t have the offensive staff to properly utilize cmc anyway. He was a huge injury risk with a giant contract, and the return the panthers got was generally considered appropriate by the talking heads. 

trading burns would have hurt the panthers in the short term, and Tepper most likely veto’d it because he didn’t want to admit it was a fire sale. Plus, if you’re Scott Fitterer why would you trade Burns for draft picks you’re probably never going to use? 

It doesn’t matter because the panthers completely fuged up the “rebuild” and are now in the worst spot in team history, but it almost works. 

All it takes is for Jaycee horn not to break his arm in a freak accident, DJ Moore to leave his helmet on, and the panthers probably sneak into the playoffs as one of the hotter teams in the league. And yeah who gives a poo about WC round losses, but that’s a goal that I think most panthers fans can’t even visualize right now. 

then we’d have kept Wilks, not traded everything, continued a ground and pound offensive, maybe extended burns, keep Moore, and continue to build a team for a future qb. 

dreams. Sigh.