• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

39th Pick in the Draft

Bet you thought this was going to be about the pick we just traded for........

GOTCHA

Nope, just a reminder that we took Mingo with the 39th pick in the draft last year... makes you wonder what we can turn this newly acquired 39th pick in the 2024 Draft into.

I honestly didn't even realize it was the same pick until I was curious who got drafted in this slot last year and just went and looked to see it was the Mingo pick.  It was like getting kicked in the balls upon that realization. 

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 4

Just now, tukafan21 said:

GOTCHA

Nope, just a reminder that we took Mingo with the 39th pick in the draft last year... makes you wonder what we can turn this newly acquired 39th pick in the 2024 Draft for

Statistically speaking, it's maybe a 50/50 bust.

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

GOTCHA

Nope, just a reminder that we took Mingo with the 39th pick in the draft last year... makes you wonder what we can turn this newly acquired 39th pick in the 2024 Draft into

My new hope/wish is chop falls to 33rd and there's still a legit WR at 39. 

Let me dream.....

3 minutes ago, Dave Gettleman's Shorts said:

besides Ryan kalil and Taylor Moton, what 2nd round pick has made an impact and resigned into a second contract in the last 20 years?

Djax was serviceable and made some impact plays but that achilles injury pretty much ended his career.

Just now, Eazy-E said:

Djax was serviceable and made some impact plays but that achilles injury pretty much ended his career.

He only missed one game last year. At this point I would say he's more available then our current corner penciled in at number one.

9 minutes ago, Dave Gettleman's Shorts said:

besides Ryan kalil and Taylor Moton, what 2nd round pick has made an impact and resigned into a second contract in the last 20 years?

Did moose beat the 20 cruve?

1 minute ago, WaterBoy said:

Kawann Short  

Dang I forgot about KK.

Miss the hell out of pre-2nd contract KK. He was one of first game changing pass rushing DTs. He was great against the run too, just a force. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Dang I forgot about KK.

Miss the hell out of pre-2nd contract KK. He was one of first game changing pass rushing DTs. He was great against the run too, just a force. 

He was a BPA type too..this board was calling it a terrible pick at the time because we got Star in the 1st...huddle collective strikes again.

• Beer 1