• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some actual good news

6 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

No, this trade is still a move that tells me they think we're closer to competing than any fan does.

If they really felt we were a minimum of 3 years away, they'd have traded him for future assets instead of a 2nd in this year's draft.

I'm sure a contending team would have given a 2025 1st for him, or possibly even a 2025 2nd and a 2026 1st.

If we made that trade today, I'd have been very pleased, I know we need the players now, but taking higher picks further down the line would have made more sense if they really felt we were 3 years away from being even above average.

No team is giving a 2025 second and 2026 first for him if this was the best offer we got... Not sure what planet you live on.

Maybe a team would have given us a 2025 first for him, but if that team was like the Lions, you are talking about a pick that would have been very late in the first round likely. I don't see a team that was bad this year giving up a first rounder next year instead of a second rounder this year if they assume they will be a mediocre at best team next year.

• Pie 1

My interest is no lower than if we had kept the underacheiver Burns. And at least there is a smigeon of hope that a rebuild can lead to a better future. The only hope is rebuild. 

We were going to suck this year no matter what. How on earth were any of you expecting any success?

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, weyco2000 said:

LOL!!! They have Colorado with the first 2 picks… Walterfootball sucks.

Regardless, I personally think he’s gonna bust, plus his Daddy probably won’t allow him playing for us.

Never seen Travis Hunter play the #1 recruit in the country?

35 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

I understand your thoughts about a 2025 first. I might have preferred that but I will say that you shouldn’t forget that this is a loaded draft. A late first in 2025 might actually not be as good a player as pick 39. That said, it would have been nice to have extra picks (like the Rams first) and our #1 overall.

That's true, the problem is the team tells us they think Bryce is the answer.  If they were saying he's not, then by all means, pick 39 this year looks fine.  But yea, next year looks pretty bad for QB.  So, it's BY this year, and barring a historic turnaround, a bridge next year.

1 hour ago, Dave Gettleman's Shorts said:

knowing the panthers, they'll win some meaningless games in December and push us out of the number one overall only to trade back up into the pick 

We’ll trade next years first to do it but then end up giving up the number one pick of the 2026 draft 

34 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Never seen Travis Hunter play the #1 recruit in the country?

I watch a lot of College ball, especially the later games. So yeah I’ve seen him play and he damn sure isn’t a #2 pick. Heck of talent but let’s be for real…. Not to mention Prime will use him up playing both ways.