• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking: Panthers sign former Seahawks OG Damien Lewis

Just now, MHS831 said:

Looks like Corbett to C, 2 new OGs, BC to swing T, Ickey and Moton at starting OTs.

Yup, and we still have Zavala, Mays and Jensen as backup guards.  Lee as another backup OT.   That's a standard OL quantity for a 53 man roster.  I still would like to draft a center on day 3. 

The focus of the draft, however, has shifted to the defense.  Outside of a needed WR, we have to reload our D.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

There was talks about lewis playing center in 2022

fyi- https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/gm-report/analysis-could-damien-lewis-be-seahawks-center-in-2022

plus draft nuts said he could be one as well..

While Corbett did play some at center during his time with the Browns, his experience and success at guard will be crucial for Carolina.  (taken from an article I have not linked)

28 minutes ago, Basbear said:

So in order to try and savage Byce Young they are dropping 150+ million(90 guaranteed) on OGs??

Trading and selecting Byce Young was a real curse. 

It’s a good plan for a short QB. Then if he fails again, you select another QB who has some talent at o line 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

I imagine Carolina will still spend one of their Day 2 picks on a C. Corbett has played the role but seems to perform better at OG hence why he has been placed there by the Browns and Rams prior. 

That would be a good start a shoring up the OL. Any idea how serious this Higgins trade talks is?

I don't like this as much as the Hunt signing because Lewis isn't as good, but he's a hell of a sight better than anyone we put at guard last year, especially if Corbett is now moving to center.

I love the focus on the OL. This is how you re-build an offense.

• Beer 1

26 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Memes aside, once those 6'5 330LB monsters put on shoulder pads and helmet, NO QB can see over them. 

They'd have to consistently be over 6'8 to always have a clear line of sight over the OL. It's just the most ridiculous of critiques.

• Pie 4

Turning a weakness into a strength. Just pray these guys can stay healthy and we'll be good to go. Still need some solid depth behind them. It also gives Zavala two really good players at the position to hopefully learn from.

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Pie 1

Just now, rayzor said:

That's what the saints had with brees.

Really need it to work out with Bryce. I have my doubts, but if he could show us something next season, then we can finally start to really load this team up the right way. Otherwise, atleast the new QB will have a solid line. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

They'd have to consistently be over 6'8 to always have a clear line of sight over the OL. It's just the most ridiculous of critiques.

Yea it's over used and false.  About the only QB I know of that may have seen over was brock osweiler in cleat lifts. Every single QB including young can not see over them, wish that phrase would die..

• Pie 1