• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking: Panthers sign former Seahawks OG Damien Lewis

46 minutes ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

I imagine Carolina will still spend one of their Day 2 picks on a C. Corbett has played the role but seems to perform better at OG hence why he has been placed there by the Browns and Rams prior. 

You hearing anything one who else they will sign? I know there was speculation about Queen.

• The D 1

I am seeing it. They are overkilling the weakness. They have to be right, to start with, maybe they are.

But this is like trading everything last year to fix QB and you saw what we got. A poor decision, a LOT of hype and they now have torn down the defense and are emptying the coffers to cover for it. 

So we’ll see. It was real fun buying some 1st day OL, for sure.

I also know I love my defense as much as I love my OL. In a way this is like turning down two picks for Burns, it didn’t really cost us until later on. Like today. This is going to something we really pay for later. When we have no freaking D and a game manager. 

• Beer 2

In and around 2010, the Saints were a very good team.  They had a QB named "Brees" and he was considered rather short--  They build a stud OL in front of him, no players more costly and studly than Evans and Nicks--the Guards. 

I read an article about them, and Sean. Payton said, (paraphrasing)--Drew Brees is only effective if you keep the pressure to the outside--not up the middle.  If outside, he learned to step up a little and deliver the ball.  Brees did not have a rocket arm, but he had WRs like Colston, Dev. henderson, and Lance Moore to go with TEs Jimmy Graham and Shockey. 

I have a feeling this is the blueprint. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Navy_football said:

Dang Snow, why you gotta kill my optimism with reality?

Shame, shame, shame...

Got to keep your feet on the ground my friend.  This thing ain't over yet. This is still the Panthers we are talking about here.

• Pie 1

51 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Well, that works too! Bring on Ladd and VP. Can he be had for the 3rd?

That is what the consensus seems to be. Early 3rd for VP. 

If we can go Ladd at 33, pick your poison of (Fiske, Pearsall, Darius Robinson, Payton Wilson, Tampa, Other WR) at 39 and VP to start the 3rd I would be thrilled. 

• Flames 1