• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: Pass rusher extraordinaire DJ Wonnum visiting Panthers

2 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

Same-same. Saving on Burns is nice, but using that money to sign a pile of JAGs to do worse isn't much of a plan unless they are tanking.

We have well over one hundred million dollars tied up in the oline to protect the smallest starting QB in the league that we traded a ransom to move up for. What exactly are you expecting? Filling in the roster with what we can get while we work on the offense was always the inevitability like it or not.

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

We have well over one hundred million dollars tied up in the oline to protect the smallest starting QB in the league that we traded a ransom to move up for. What exactly are you expecting? Filling in the roster with what we can get while we work on the offense was always the inevitability like it or not.

It's their choice to get 150 million to two guards. They're not bad guards and I understand how it will hopefully help Bryce develop. However, last I checked the Panthers still have 25 million in cap space, even after those monster paydays.

• Flames 1

8 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Honestly I've tried it hasn't worked for me

It's because you hit that post button so damn fast. You know you try to hold out, but it happens and then it's over before you know it and later you're just posting on your favorite football team's message board something about pink flaps...

5 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

It's their choice to get 150 million to two guards. They're not bad guards and I understand how it will hopefully help Bryce develop. However, last I checked the Panthers still have 25 million in cap space, even after those monster paydays.

Yeah it’s almost like contract structure and guaranteed money is more important that the total possible value of a contract… 

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Yeah it’s almost like contract structure and guaranteed money is more important that the total possible value of a contract… 

It can be, but cap space isn't a player and I don't count of the ability to bail on a player because it was a mistake anything but what it was, a mistake. If they don't play up to the contract we're in trouble.

7 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

It's because you hit that post button so damn fast. You know you try to hold out, but it happens and then it's over before you know it and later you're just posting on your favorite football team's message board something about pink flaps...

Ahhhh, pink flaps.

• The D 1

2 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

It can be, but cap space isn't a player and I don't count of the ability to bail on a player because it was a mistake anything but what it was, a mistake. If they don't play up to the contract we're in trouble.

The big one (Hunt) can be cut after 3 years with nothing owed saving over 40 million. The other contract isn’t that bad…

12 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

The cap can be maneuvered but we all know what kicking the can down the road leads to.

I'm assuming the plan is some positions will simply be stopgap until we can better position ourselves with draft picks over the next few years. Of course that's where the concern enters because we really need to nail most of the picks but so far we've been horrendous and we retained the same scouting dept.

Morgan has a great deal on his plate and he has plenty of question marks as a first time GM that worked directly with Fitterer. I'll reserve judgment and try to avoid getting too high or low until we get to camp and preseason.

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

Burns was useless on this team, a non-impact player eating up a huge cap amount with so many holes on the roster. He is a quality player but this team needs to spread his value at this point, not consolidate it. 2nd and 5th rounders are pathetic, as I said before, but Carolina did this to themselves. Sunk cost and move on, and hopefully the FO does better in spite of Tepper being a massive idiot thus far.

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

The cap can be maneuvered but we all know what kicking the can down the road leads to.

I'm assuming the plan is some positions will simply be stopgap until we can better position ourselves with draft picks over the next few years. Of course that's where the concern enters because we really need to nail most of the picks but so far we've been horrendous and we retained the same scouting dept.

Morgan has a great deal on his plate and he has plenty of question marks as a first time GM that worked directly with Fitterer. I'll reserve judgment and try to avoid getting too high or low until we get to camp and preseason.

Very reasonable take. I cannot disagree with any of it. It's exactly the way I see the situation. 

• Beer 1