• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: Pass rusher extraordinaire DJ Wonnum visiting Panthers

18 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Burns was useless on this team, a non-impact player eating up a huge cap amount with so many holes on the roster. He is a quality player but this team needs to spread his value at this point, not consolidate it. 2nd and 5th rounders are pathetic, as I said before, but Carolina did this to themselves. Sunk cost and move on, and hopefully the FO does better in spite of Tepper being a massive idiot thus far.

And yet Brian Burns statistically mogged all of these JAGs.

We can act like it's a sunk cost, but the reality is he developed as a player and because of that had to be paid by someone. It's not a sunk cost that a first round pick played well and had multiple teams willing to make trade offers over the years, that's an asset. If you want to say Burns was an asset that was traded, go ahead, that's what happen. If you want to paint a picture that Burns was a JAG that we got burned on somehow, well that's just copium.

Oh, and one in the hand is worth two in the bush is a idiom for a reason.

Edited by Krovvy

4 hours ago, frankw said:

We have well over one hundred million dollars tied up in the oline to protect the smallest starting QB in the league that we traded a ransom to move up for. What exactly are you expecting? Filling in the roster with what we can get while we work on the offense was always the inevitability like it or not.

Or, and hear me out, no matter who the QB is or how big he is you need a competent OL to protect him and run the football.

image.gif.978e75416ce1ab21ce2ba9a043c76f28.gif

• Pie 6

16 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Or, and hear me out, no matter who the QB is or how big he is you need a competent OL to protect him and run the football.

Some people on here have some serious Bryce Syndrome. 

• Pie 3

This isn’t a guy worth spending any money on

Rather rollover cap at this point versus paying crappy edge guys just for the sake of filling a roster. We’re not winning this year anyways. Addressing the interior of both lines this year, do edge next year 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

9 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

9 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Some people on here have some serious Bryce Syndrome. 

Or maybe we just need a balance between someone being a hater and someone carrying his water. When you can't even state the reality of the situation without dudes barreling in here acting like his momma I'd say that fits the bill of a syndrome too.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

Or maybe we just need a balance between someone being a hater and someone carrying his water. When you can't even state the reality of the situation without dudes barreling in here acting like his momma I'd say that fits the bill of a syndrome too.

You’re going with the “I’m not, you are” argument? Classic…

Most of us are more than ok moving on from him if he sucks this year. Some just have a little (pun intended) obsession with him.

Just now, ForJimmy said:

You’re going with the “I’m not, you are” argument? Classic…

Most of us are more than ok moving on from him if he sucks this year. Some just have a little (pun intended) obsession with him.

I think you're overplaying your hand. You're talking to someone who has read most of the posts about him going back to before the draft.

For sure there are some people who don't like him and clearly never will. I think you can count those posters here on one hand. On the other there has been a level of toxicity from people who have anointed him from jump street and honestly those folks have been the more obnoxious of the two.

If anyone has an issue with that being stated. Well tough titty.

47 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

This isn’t a guy worth spending any money on

Rather rollover cap at this point versus paying crappy edge guys just for the sake of filling a roster. We’re not winning this year anyways. Addressing the interior of both lines this year, do edge next year 

I like getting something for Donte and spending money to get some real OL, but I don’t like the feeling that we maybe we have this feeling that we can rebuild but also win at the same time. If Hunt is a 5 year guy, great, we need a better OL so we can officially decide if we need a new QB but don’t spend a bunch of money on a 3 year DL deal like Robinson. It’ll be 3 years before we are contending. I don’t want some extra wins. I would rather unearth the best UDFAs and guys released on their rookie deal like Addison and Luvu for the next couple years. Get us a foundation while also drafting well. Then you spend a bucket load in FA because we’ll have a vet (Brown, maybe Horn, Diontae etc.) core and the rookies (maybe even Mingo) will have developed. Then we are competitive. 

• Beer 1