• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Two or three seasons boys and girls....

Jmac

Give the new regime two years (depending on our QB), to rebuild the shittshow we have now. If Young doesn't pan out then a new QB in 2025.

This isn't something that happens in two or maybe even three seasons. If you have that mindset and accept the reality that it is a process, then 2024 will be easier for you.

Just enjoy life in beautiful N.C and let's see what happens down the road.

• Beer 3

I would like to see the Panthers have a winning season this decade, if possible.

I'm sad for any kid Panthers fans. They have to spend their entire youth with the understanding that the team is a joke.

Edited by Krovvy
  • Pie 2

12 minutes ago, Jmac said:

Give the new regime two years (depending on our QB), to rebuild the shittshow we have now. If Young doesn't pan out then a new QB in 2025.

This isn't something that happens in two or maybe even three seasons. If you have that mindset and accept the reality that it is a process, then 2024 will be easier for you.

I'll be honest. For me it all depends on if Dumpster Dave keeps his nose out of the football business. If he can, 2-3 years is possible if Morgan is a good GM. If he can't, well there's always 2034. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Tbe said:

2-3 years depends on if we get these picks right.

If not, move that to 5-7 years.

That's about how it's been in our existence. That only time they were successful was when they hit on draft picks. The problem was they didn't know what to do after that. They extended the wrong players and the drafting got worse.  Rinse and repeat.

Edited by Jon Snow

23 minutes ago, Jmac said:

Carnac the Magnificent - Wikipedia

3 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Hearing not Jessie* stupid phone. I gotta stop posting on it. 

Trust me no one wants to go through this. But it was never going to be easy to do it the best way to ensure long term success. There are no shortcuts to building a constant contender.  It takes years off solid drafting and wise FA signings to make it work. In the process it will suck for awhile.  Lucky for us we are use to the sucking part. At least you should be by now.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Trust me no one wants to go through this. But it was never going to be easy to do it the best way to ensure long term success. There are no shortcuts to building a constant contender.  It takes years off solid drafting and wise FA signings to make it work. In the process it will suck for awhile.  Lucky for us we are use to the sucking part. At least you should be by now.

Amen

1 hour ago, jfra78 said:

Sounds like Young gets another year of built in excuses

Lolwut?  That's exactly the opposite of what OP said.  Literally he said if Young doesn't look good then we go after a new QB and pair him with a coach and GM who aren't tied to Young.  Young HAS to show improvement and a decent amount this year I might add.  That doesn't however mean wins, but it has to be the kind of improvement that makes you think you can build around him.

Our best teams were built off of success in the draft and wisely getting free agents that just fit, and didn’t bust the bank. 

2003. BPA. Smith. Morgan. Peppers, Ricky Manning. Minter, moose… Free agents Jake, Rucker, proehl, and Davis. 

2015: Norwell, Ted Ginn.. among the incredible drafted talent we had. 

I really hope this is different and I do believe in our vision, so I hope it works out.