• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WR Diontae Johnson to the Panthers

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

My guess is that they were in the same situation. Planning to release this guy anyway. So it's basically two guys who were gonna get cut getting swapped for one another.

Yeah they needed a CB2, if Donte is healthy it's a solid swap for both. They'll be fine at WR w Pickens the #1

• Pie 1

Just now, Jon Snow said:

It's early yet. If it can go wrong the Panthers will find a way to make it happen. 

If Dionte Johnson decides to stop playing football or is old and sucks now. It’s possible.

I don't know much about him but looking at his stats he's only 27 and he's put up good numbers and all we had to give up is Donte Jackson and a late round pick swap.

Sounds like a solid move on paper. I'll be eager to see what Canales can get out of him.

• Pie 1

I'm a little torn on this move

On one hand, I love the trade in a vacuum, we definitely won the trade and fill a big hole with a good player.

On the other hand, he only has this season left on his contract and has been pretty vocal about his displeasure with his QB play the last few years.

If he has a solid season but Bryce still struggles, I could see him refuse to sign an extension and put us right back into the same situation next year of needing a WR and/or dealing with a franchise tag mess.

Was really hoping we'd be able to lock up a #1 WR for the next 3-5 years somehow this offseason, but I guess if we couldn't do that, this is the next best option, right?

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

On one hand, I love the trade in a vacuum, we definitely won the trade and fill a big hole with a good player.

On the other hand, he only has this season left on his contract and has been pretty vocal about his displeasure with his QB play the last few years.

If he has a solid season but Bryce still struggles, I could see him refuse to sign an extension and put us right back into the same situation next year of needing a WR and/or dealing with a franchise tag mess.

Was really hoping we'd be able to lock up a #1 WR for the next 3-5 years somehow this offseason, but I guess if we couldn't do that, this is the next best option, right?

There's almost no risk with what we gave up. We were going to cut Donte. 

• Pie 7
  • Beer 2

oh poo, thats a stellar move imo.  Donte was a nice piece but couldnt stay healthy.  He was active most of last season, but that was the first since his rookie season.  If the steelers get him into a nickel position, he'll be great.  On our side, Diontae has a huge upside with potential to be a legit #1.

2 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Our skill positions will come from the draft. Our long term solution hasn’t been drafted yet.

• Pie 2

I’ll reserve judgement. If he plays well this season great. Look at resigning or using next year draft for WR. If he sucks, it’s only a year. Low risk high reward signing. Personally, love the signing