• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did Tepper learn?

Do we think David Tepper has learned anything? The Rhule disaster through the Reich whatever you call it? I think the worst thing he might have done is make fitterer the gm. It’s nice to finally embrace a rebuild in my opinion. 

Do you think we can get on the right track eventually? 

Hard to say how involved he is until we get a little further along in the tenure of the new leadership. We know how involved he and his wife were in the Bryce Young trade, and that Fitterer appeared to do whatever Tepper wanted. He hired Dan Morgan and Brandt Tillis to run the show. The moves we see being made right now might not involve him much.

Just now, Bear Hands said:

We haven’t heard from him in a bit and I honestly haven’t thought about him for a few weeks so he’s starting to do some things right.

Oh, he'll be thumping his chest again soon. Just wait until we draft some future Wal-Mart cashiers in the upcoming draft that he's convinced are All-Pros.

• Beer 1

As far as I can tell the football team isn’t his #1 priority vs building a sports, entertainment, and gambling business. It doesn’t mean the football team can’t be successful too but I don’t see him learning lessons he never even cared about. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Wait til the draft, we'll see if he's all over Morgans shoulder the whole time or not

same. 

we've got to see a few situations where his presence is not seen or heard before we know if he's learned and changed.

• Beer 1

25 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

As far as I can tell the football team isn’t his #1 priority vs building a sports, entertainment, and gambling business. It doesn’t mean the football team can’t be successful too but I don’t see him learning lessons he never even cared about. 

I think you may be on to something here. His (welcome) absence from the limelight probably less about him intentionally taking a step back, and more about spending his time on other ventures.

The Panthers are just a part of his portfolio. And right now, not a particularly profitable one.

too early.  I mean, I do think Dave learns things.  I think he has shown that.  Has he learned what it takes to be successful in the NFL yet?  Would have to say no until proven otherwise. 

Tepper clearly learns some aspects of what doesn't work.  That's why after failure he generally does something distinctly different than the previous attempt.  Sometimes I think it's the overcorrections that get him.  

14 minutes ago, Captroop said:

The Panthers are just a part of his portfolio. And right now, not a particularly profitable one.

That's the problem.  They have been and are serving their primary purpose for him.  Sports teams are one of the best vehicles for the uber-rich to park money in recent history.  The valuations get more insane every year.  Which is the whole point of Tepper being here. 

They just aren't winning.  Only hit Tepper is taking is a PR hit really.  

has he learned or is he learning? i guess that's the question...or another one.

if so, just what is he learning/has he learned?

as it pertains to the panthers, i guess the question doesn't matter. we're either stuck with a team going nowhere or we get to watch a team get better.

if it's getting better i couldn't care less about the owner.

if it's going nowhere, i'll go back to "i couldn't care less" about the team

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Oh, he'll be thumping his chest again soon. Just wait until we draft some future Wal-Mart cashiers in the upcoming draft that he's convinced are All-Pros.

Doubt it. He seems to have changed some. Maybe not all the way YET but he is moving towards something different. Lets face it, for all the dumb moves he has made, he is very intelligent and can learn from mistakes if he allows his ego to step aside. Perhaps he is in the beginning phases of allowing that ego to step aside and allow people who may potentially know way more than him regarding football to steer the ship. Something definitely seems different so far and im hopeful this past season was his big wakeup call. So far so good.