• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Williams rumor

8 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Seriously, after the year Bryce had, I think Daddy should stay off social media related to the Panther's offense.  While this was a hypothetical, it could be considered meddling, in my view.

Remember, we live in an era now where moms and dads get involved in the recruitment process in college and the $$$ involved--if you recall, even before the college game endorsed it, Cam's dad was asking for six figure payouts when he was in college.

Just my 2c.  I hate what is happening to college sports now, and to see a Daddy going on social media about who the Pahthers should draft to help his son not suck is irritating. 

His Twitter page is kind of psycho. He's always given me weird vibes.  It's nothing but him obsessing over parents relationships with star athletes, just way obsessive or maybe he thinks it's some kinda of financial venture to go down with his weird consultant/counseling hustle. Plus he pays for a blue check mark. 

7 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Going to show you all how cheap I am.  We saute mushrooms, peppers, onions, ground turkey, etc. in a frying pan that probably costs us about $7. We go to Little Ceasar's and pick up 3 large Pepperoni pizzas for about $20.  We have 3 large "all the way" Pizzas for about $9 bucks each ($27).  Delivered with the works?  The cost would be about $40-50 or more.  

Where I come from we call that SMART and most definitely not cheap.

• Pie 4

35 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Seriously, after the year Bryce had, I think Daddy should stay off social media related to the Panther's offense.  While this was a hypothetical, it could be considered meddling, in my view.

Remember, we live in an era now where moms and dads get involved in the recruitment process in college and the $$$ involved--if you recall, even before the college game endorsed it, Cam's dad was asking for six figure payouts when he was in college.

Just my 2c.  I hate what is happening to college sports now, and to see a Daddy going on social media about who the Pahthers should draft to help his son not suck is irritating. 

He just answered a Twitter poll

• Pie 2

32 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

His Twitter page is kind of psycho. He's always given me weird vibes.  It's nothing but him obsessing over parents relationships with star athletes, just way obsessive or maybe he thinks it's some kinda of financial venture to go down with his weird consultant/counseling hustle. Plus he pays for a blue check mark. 

I think he is a motivational speaker or psychologist or something if I remember correctly. 

• Beer 1

16 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He's the guy I want us to sign. Tall and fast can also be a jump ball target.

What's the downside?

He has suited up for only 16 of his last 34 games.  

I wouldn’t call Mike fast though.  He is good. His best strength is just giving him a shot downfield to make a play.  Always has been since college.  

But I don’t think he is the best pairing for a risk adverse QB

damn, I screwed up and watched a bunch of Mike Williams plays last night and now I want the Panthers to sign him. I don't think I realized how many amazing plays he has on top, top corners, and against double teams. his highlight reel stacks up against anybody's. I know he has an injury history but he has legit skills.

I wonder how much the allure of playing close to home matters to him.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, vorbis said:

damn, I screwed up and watched a bunch of Mike Williams plays last night and now I want the Panthers to sign him. I don't think I realized how many amazing plays he has on top, top corners, and against double teams. his highlight reel stacks up against anybody's. I know he has an injury history but he has legit skills.

I wonder how much the allure of playing close to home matters to him.

Mike is awesome at what Mike does.  

now after watching that highlight reel….can you imagine Bryce Young taking those throws that allowed Mike to make those plays? 

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Mike is awesome at what Mike does.  

now after watching that highlight reel….can you imagine Bryce Young taking those throws that allowed Mike to make those plays? 

yes, and I don't think it's a question.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

9 minutes ago, vorbis said:

yes, and I don't think it's a question.

Well, I think last season presents a lot of questions about Bryce Young.  Not only his arm strength but the type shots he is and isn’t willing to pull the trigger on.  That’s me at least. 

I’m big Mike fan.  I’d be nervous to sign him because of his age and health but I just don’t see how he pairs well with Bryce on top of that.  You can’t be risk adverse to take advantage of what Mike does