• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

There are a lot of edge/olb type guys that could be available at 33 or 39

10 hours ago, csx said:

Then the Rams traded down and took Bryron Young who had the same amount of sacks, more tackles, and more pressures than Burns.

He definitely showed out in that Colorado game but I didn't realize at the time just how bad Colorado's OL was. 

27 minutes ago, Buckeye Homer said:

Carolina ranked last in the league in passing yards per game.  I did a mock draft on PFF with an emphasis on turning that around in 24'.

pff_mock_results (4).png

I love the TE and C picks. Think both of those guys could start by midseason. Franklin worries me due to his slight frame and Washington's  height. Just leary those guys can win in the NFL. Murphy would be a welcome pick, imo. 

33 minutes ago, Panthero said:

I love the TE and C picks. Think both of those guys could start by midseason. Franklin worries me due to his slight frame and Washington's  height. Just leary those guys can win in the NFL. Murphy would be a welcome pick, imo. 

Washington is short, quick, and fast and would be a great piece to help take the pressure off of Bryce.

29 minutes ago, Buckeye Homer said:

Besides, it's necessary to give Bryce some pieces and see if he can significantly up his game.

If Bryce then bombs in 24' then it's time to think about looking at another QB in the 25' class, I guess.  

9Hj.gif

Oh I agree we need to go heavy on pass catchers. I'm just being picky. Not meant as a diss, just prefer other guys--but im not some film guru so i may be completely wrong. Think we need an X, keon coleman or maybe a guy a like AD mitchell, not necessarily an X but wins toss ups. I like Roman Wilson for the slot. I also think Ricky Pearsall (sp?) Is gonna be a great pro. 

• Beer 1

On 3/16/2024 at 9:03 AM, jfra78 said:

One is a rotational player and the other is a decent number 2, we need a pass rushing Edge. With ILB both Cooper and Wilson should be there, but maybe a bit too early for them

I think either would be a great complement to Jewell but my preference is Cooper. That guy is a heat-seeking missile that would be lethal in our blitz scheme.

Of course, the question would be how he would fit with Shaq just being restructured but I just think this kid deserves serious consideration if he’s there in the 2nd.

Edited by Prowler2k18

54 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

I think either would be a great complement to Jewell but my preference is Cooper. That guy is a heat-seeking missile that would be lethal in our blitz scheme.

Of course, the question would be how he would fit with Shaq just being restructured but I just think this kid deserves serious consideration if he’s there in the 2nd.

We drafted Kuechly with Beason on the roster

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Panthero said:

Oh I agree we need to go heavy on pass catchers. I'm just being picky. Not meant as a diss, just prefer other guys--but im not some film guru so i may be completely wrong. Think we need an X, keon coleman or maybe a guy a like AD mitchell, not necessarily an X but wins toss ups. I like Roman Wilson for the slot. I also think Ricky Pearsall (sp?) Is gonna be a great pro. 

In a conventional offense, I'd agree with having X types, Y types and Z types. But if Bryce is the "processor" he was sold to be, then he just needs guys that can a) get open, and b) catch the catchable pass. 

I'm of the opinion that guys that understand route concepts and coverages/leverages so they can adjust real time are better fits than guys that can out jump or out run the competition. 

• Beer 1

32 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

In a conventional offense, I'd agree with having X types, Y types and Z types. But if Bryce is the "processor" he was sold to be, then he just needs guys that can a) get open, and b) catch the catchable pass. 

I'm of the opinion that guys that understand route concepts and coverages/leverages so they can adjust real time are better fits than guys that can out jump or out run the competition. 

I guess the logic is every defense has a weakness, having different types of wrs allow you to take advantage of that. But there has been a tide change to just wrs that can accelerate and get open and then YAC. So maybe my model is dated. Pearsall and Wilson certainly fit your model better.  But the first two not so much. 

• Beer 1

I'm not a fan of the EDGE guys early 2nd. I'd rather grab a center and WR with our two picks. We weren't going to address every need this offseason, so reaching for a guy like Robinson, Braswell, Isaac, or Trice because of the hole there is not something I want to do, personally.

We'll be picking top-10 next year and would prefer to land a beast then, and secure our anchor on the OL w/ Frazier at 33 and then Legette, Polk or Franklin at 39. 

I do like guys like Thomas, Kneeland, Murphy and Kamara at 65 though and think they can be quality starters. 

Edited by Soul Rebel
  • Pie 1